Anti Freeze on Passenger Floorboard - Heater Core Likely Suspect

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmxmanager

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe (Grande)
1971FordMustang002.jpgDumb question, but wondered what ya'll thought...

I finally got the car running and after a couple laps around the block, I noticed anti freeze dripping at or about the firewall on the passenger side of the car. Later that night I pulled the passenger seat (to start removing carpet) and noticed anti freeze running down / under the sound deadening material to the rear of the car.

Seems to me the likely suspect is a leaking heater core. Do you guys agree? I've read in other threads in the forum about bypassing the core by looping back at the water pump. I think that's what I'll do.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jet

Thanks Ray. I'm new to this stuff so I'm learning as I go. This forum has been a great help thus far!

Yep heater core. I still need to replace the one in the Q Code. It is still in a box and so is the new carpet that has the wrong shade for the mat inserts! I hate repo stuff.

Did one of those years ago. 71 with a/c. Was a bit of a bear getting that black box from under the dash, but all-in-all not too bad. i remember the hardest part was getting all the outlets thru the firewall without bending them too much. Good news is it's a one time fix :)!

Back