Craigslist ad

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool car! I have a hard time believing this is a 'real' Mach 1, though.

Looks like a nice 'entry-level' fastback for someone wanting to jump in and have a nice driver! ::thumb::

Looks like a nice 'entry-level' fastback for someone wanting to jump in and have a nice driver! ::thumb::
I'm curious. What makes you think it's not a real Mach1? The price? The wrong stripes? What am I missing?

Looks like a legit 73 Mach 1 with the wrong stripes. 73 Mach 1 came with the Mustang script on the front fenders.

I'm curious. What makes you think it's not a real Mach1? The price? The wrong stripes? What am I missing?
Me too, it has optional Mach 1 seats

Carpet has both heel pads for Mach 1

What am I missing???

Last edited by a moderator:
That front fender Mustang script sure caused some confusion about placing the 71/72 "Mach 1" decal on the fenders!

I agree that the car looks to be a nice driver as one restores or mods it to their liking.

Ray

That front fender Mustang script sure caused some confusion about placing the 71/72 "Mach 1" decal on the fenders!

I agree that the car looks to be a nice driver as one restores or mods it to their liking.

Ray
Therein lies my doubt. I'll admit I'm not as detail-oriented with the '73s as with my own model year of '71 - the script badges on the fenders made me think 'not Mach 1.'

My bad. :shrug2:

What's really cool to me is that the Tu-tone hood is the correct pattern and dimensions...plus it has twist locks. Looks like a factory option.

What's really cool to me is that the Tu-tone hood is the correct pattern and dimensions...plus it has twist locks. Looks like a factory option.
Dad's Q Code was resprayed once and they didn't touch the hood, I guess they didn't want to try to reproduce it at the time.

Back