New to Forum 71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billpetsch

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 being restored
Hello everyone

My first car was 65 Mustang Fastback back in 1974 (which I'm sorry I sold). My second car was a 1971 Red Mach 1 back in 1977 (which I'm sure you guess I'm sorry I sold).

I've now bought two cars: 1971 Mach 1 to restore and a 1972 Fastback for parts which I've stripped and cut up for parts.

So, I now begin the odyssey... I'm looking for two parts. Front crossmember where the strut rods connect. (It looked like someone hooked a tow hook into the hole to tow and tore the edges out of the crossmember. I could beat it back in and weld it but prefer to replace.

Also, the crossmember under the engine looks like someone used a narrow jack in the center and bent it as well.

Any ideas for a source for good condition parts?

Thanks! Bill

Hi Bill ::welcome:: From San Diego. I have both pieces you need. As for all your 71s need check with Don from Ohio Mustang supply. We like to see pics around here,so feel free to post some when you can.

Mike

Hi Bill ::welcome:: From San Diego. I have both pieces you need. As for all your 71s need check with Don from Ohio Mustang supply. We like to see pics around here,so feel free to post some when you can.

Mike
PM sent.parts car #5 012.jpg

parts car #5 022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Arkansas. mach71351c has got you covered, and he is a great guy to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Virginia! Glad you came and already see how ready are members are to help out!

Welcome from Las Vegas, Nevada!

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Sounds like you're got a great plan going forward. If you like you can create a project build thread to document your progress and use that area to record your thoughts and/or bounce ideas around, etc.

Also please drop a pin on our member map to represent your general area. It's under the fun stuff tab at the top of ever page.

Again, welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back