I have my Fill of Guinea Pigs...Thanks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
I think between the people who I have confirmed as guinea pigs, and a few who may be guinea pigs, I am in good shape.

Thanks for all the views.

James

Last edited by a moderator:
My company was presented with a new cleaning product a couple of months ago. Being skeptical about all cleaning products, I put it through some tests....and continue to put it through tests. I would not introduce the product here unless my results were positive. I use the product on my cars and in/on my house. So, I don't feel this post is specific to cars.

If you are interested after ready my propoganda, PM me. I have to buy spray bottles and such, but I would hope to have at least a few takers.

I have found cleaning is tough to measure objectively. So, I am looking for a consensus of STRONG opinion. I am reluctant to say too much, because I am afraid of the placebo affect- you will look for/be aware of my results and find them. I really don't want that. I am interested in what you notice on your own, if anything.

(I know some of you are thinking, well I notice my stuff is CLEAN...but if that is all you notice, then the product is a failure).

Basically, the product is H20 with a very minute, proprietary, non toxic, non odor additive. You don't need gloves or glasses to use it. You will not smell anything. Safe around everyone.

In regards to testing the product, I am looking for:

Window People- People who need squeaky clean sparkling windows. On their house or cars. Constantly cleaning your windows.

Wheel People- People who need squeaky clean sparkling wheels.

Odor People- People who smell odors, not people with odors...well then again, maybe both.

Sitting Car People- People with a car sitting in the driveway that is only washed to keep the neighborhood association from sending you nasty letters.

WINDOW PEOPLE

If you wash your windows frequently, and are not satisfied until they are SQUEAKY CLEAN, I would like you to try this product.

WARNING- If you do not like the RAIN X affect, do not use this product. I find cleaning my windows with this product on a bi weekly basis(may go to monthly) gives me a consistent RAIN X affect.

I do not use this product on the inside windshield of the car yet. I don't recommend you do either until you have tested it on the outside. I don't think it will do any harm, in fact I think it will be great. I am just picky.

I spray the outer glass a little less than moderately with this product and wipe with a sponge prior to washing my car. I try to leave the glass wet, but it doesn't matter. Then I just wash my car and glass as normal. USE A DEDICATED $.99 SPONGE FOR THE GLASS YOU CLEAN. Otherwise, the product will "migrate" to the other areas and your testing will be kaput.

For testing, I washed the drivers side door windows with this product, and did not wash the passengers side. If you do the same, tell me if you notice any differences after a few weeks of cleaning/not cleaning.

WHEEL PEOPLE

If you feel like you have to clean your wheels every couple of days due to the brake dust, or maybe you spend a lot of time cleaning your wheels every time you wash your car, I would like you to test this product.

Personally, I have one car with wire wheels, and one car with a brake dust issue. So I spend a lot of time on wheels.

I see there are 2 approaches to take in testing/using this product:

Approach 1

Meticulously clean your wheels. Whether you wax your wheels or not doesn't matter. Follow up with another wash using this product. Basically spray it on, sponge it around, repeat for the rest of the wheels. Go back and rinse and clean.

Check on the cleanliness of your wheels as time goes by. When cleaning your wheels in the future, only use this product with a bucket and an appropriate brush. Over time, is there anything you notice?

Again, dedicate a sponge or brush for this to keep the product from migrating to other areas.

Approach 2

Just use this product to clean your wheels with a bucket and sponge or brush. After a few cleaning cycles, what do you notice?

Again, I just want to say I wouldn't be here if my results weren't positive. But I suspect if there are people as picky as I am regarding cleaning, there will be some very common, very specific things you will notice.

ODOR PEOPLE

If you have an odor you cannot get rid of, I don't care where it is, I would like you to try this product. You will simply spray it on the offender(maybe pet bed) or in the offending area and walk away. Really. That is it. This product is NON-ODOROUS, so it will not mask the smell like air freshener. Either the odor will go away, be less, or be the same. You tell me odor and then tell me the result.

Sitting Car People

Bucket wash with a sponge using my product...once a month for a few months. What do you notice?

Thanks for your help. PM me.

James
PM Sent

Sitting Car People- People with a car sitting in the driveway that is only washed to keep the neighborhood association from sending you nasty letters...
Now that's one I can help out with.

He's secretly luring us into a ponzi scheme. :p
If you sign-up just 2 friends, and they sign-up two friends, and so-on, and so-on, and so-on, you'll receive dividend checks for the rest of your life. The more people you sign-up directly, the bigger the checks will be.

images

rofl

Back