My New '11 GT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
As many of you I'm sure know by now, I've made the very difficult decision to sell my '71. The big reasons being time & money, with about 100 or so smaller and/or personal reasons in between. Since I was 15 and bought the '71, I've never been without a Mustang, I don't plan on changing that! I've decided to go the daily driver/tinker with on weekends type of project for now for practicality sake. I have a company vehicle and don't put many miles on my personal one anyway. The Focus I bought back in March only has about 2k more on it than it did when I bought it. The sale of the '71 combined with the trade in of the Focus is allowing me to pick up an '11 GT for a very minimal increase in monthly payment from what I'm currently paying on the Focus, but with 280 more hp and an extra gear :D

So a lot of my time here will now be spent in this section of the forum, but I'll still be here :) I'm not able to pick the '11 up till next Saturday because of scheduling conflicts (It's about 4 hrs away from me) and I'm dying to get in it!

Enough with the back story, here are some pics, what do you all think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379075361.059269.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379075380.270168.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379075412.154484.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379075490.437078.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379075558.654260.jpg

Very, very, very nice car. Sure beats the crap out of a Fukus any day!

I bought a Focus for mom but somehow I don't see trading it in on a GT for her.:rolleyes: She is 85 you know and not really into tearing up the strip anymore.roflrofl

It's amazing how much it looks like the rendering of your 71 if it was finished. I wish you the best with the new car and hope you enjoy it to the fullest extent possible.

I was amazed when you sold the 71 for such a deal but now I understand your thought process.

BTW is that a stock interior?

Very, very, very nice car. Sure beats the crap out of a Fukus any day!

I bought a Focus for mom but somehow I don't see trading it in on a GT for her.:rolleyes: She is 85 you know and not really into tearing up the strip anymore.roflrofl

It's amazing how much it looks like the rendering of your 71 if it was finished. I wish you the best with the new car and hope you enjoy it to the fullest extent possible.

I was amazed when you sold the 71 for such a deal but now I understand your thought process.

BTW is that a stock interior?
I agree with what you said about it looking a lot like what I had planned for the '71, that was one of its selling points to me. The '71 would've had a black interior though. The red is stock. I haven't done any research on production #'s just yet, but I know it was a relatively popular color choice. I'll check production #'s after I get it to make sure I figure out all the options it came with. All I know for now is Shaker stereo, SYNC, and Brembo brake package.

A buddy of mine's father had a '65 fastback black with red interior when I was growing up (my buddy has since taken it over from dad) and I always loved the color combo!

Here's a few more pics I got from the dealer:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079388.090225.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079417.885023.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079440.385076.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079465.534957.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079478.584936.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079498.684749.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079559.768149.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079518.684837.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379079398.701288.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall the car looks great! My only observation is the wheels look like they barely clear the Brembos. I wonder why the PO changed from the factory Brembo Wheels I love them. I would ask for a new set of lug nuts, those tuner ones are already rusting in the grooves. Overall the car looks great!

It's amazing how much it looks like the rendering of your 71 if it was finished.
I think he has a thing for black muscle cars with subdued red taillights. Seriously though, that's a fantastic looking car. I dig the red interior. very nice.

Overall the car looks great! My only observation is the wheels look like they barely clear the Brembos. I wonder why the PO changed from the factory Brembo Wheels I love them. I would ask for a new set of lug nuts, those tuner ones are already rusting in the grooves. Overall the car looks great!
Lol! I did notice the little bit of rust on the lugs. They're cheap enough. The wheels do look as though they're a tad close to the calipers, but they must be far enough away or there'd be some issues going on. Personally, the factory 19's that come with the Brembo package aren't my favorite, and I do like the fact that I won't have to change them. The 20" Shelby Wheels will do just fine for now. Although I may refurb them cuz if you look close you can see a little bit of curb rash and I'd prefer the inside of the spokes to be black vs. the gunmetal especially since the car is black. For the deal I got on this car, these are all very trivial things that'll give me something to do to keep my mind off the fact that for the 1st time in 20 years I won't be seeing my '71 everyday.

Well one thing for sure is that its a car you can start with and start doing things you want without having to repair this, fix that, cut here, rust reapir, etc first.

looks like a clean car, very aggressive. That coyote is no slouch. Oh i did see a BOSS 302 intake on CL for $300. The coyote should have a great aftermarket following in the coming years.

Very nice ! I smell a celebration burnout video coming ! :D

I finally picked it up yesterday :D we made a family weekend out of it since it was 4 hrs away and relatively close to the Crayola crayon factory in Easton, PA.

We had a really nice trip, not too much traffic. We stayed overnight Last night after we picked up the car and went to Crayola today.

Overall I'm very pleased with the car. It's got a few minor things that you'd expect buying a car sight unseen. My biggest complaint so far is the exhaust. I never thought I'd say this but it's just WAY too loud. It's an off road X-pipe, Magnaflow competition mufflers and I haven't even been able to see if the headers are stock. It is just obnoxious! Perhaps it's me getting older, but man, it's friggin loud!!! So much so that literally about 10 minutes after we got home today I won an eBay auction for a pair of stock mufflers and I can't wait to get them. Stock is by no means what will stay on there but I couldn't go wrong for 50 bucks. My plan is to put them on and hopefully quiet it down to a tolerable level 'till I figure out what I want to do. Anyone want to buy a Magnaflow competition axle back set for '11-'14 GT ;)

Now for the GOOD! I knew the car had some stuff done to it, but because it ended up at an independent dealer I didn't know exactly what. Here's what I know so far just by glancing around and not really getting too deep into it yet. It has a bunch of suspension work I didn't know about including what appears to be aftermarket lowering springs (brand unknown as of yet) and Tokiko adjustable shocks and struts. It handles unbelievable! My biggest surprise was when I opened the glove box and in it was a (SCT I think) tuner :D the dealer said the guy who traded it in said it has 3 tunes stored in it for the car. I can't wait to play around with that! And finally, from what I know so far having only looked around it for a little while before driving it away, the rear tires are 295/35/20's I knew the Shelby wheels were 20's, but I didn't know the tire sizes. 295 is a big a$$ tire!!! They look mean from the back of the car!

Throughout the week as I have the time to really crawl under it and check out every inch if it I'll be posting if I find any other hidden goodies. But so far so good! I've only driven it once so far without my wife and kids in it, and holy crap is is fast!

Stay tuned :)

Back