Always wondered what the trapezoidal tail lights would look like if....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sprint Sportsroof
....if they were squared off along the inner edges. So I did a little photo tinkering and came up with this. I kinda think they would have made the rear end a little tougher looking and a little closer to the earlier Mustang heritage. What do ya reckon, amiright? :)

KUQYIS2.jpg

w2HkaqJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the reason ford did it was saving on tooling, hee hee, i think it does look better with a dedicated left and right taillight.

That actually looks REALLY good. Better than the original IMO. Who knew such a subtle change could make such a dramatic effect on the look of the rear?

I really like it a lot. Much better than the original design. I think that the design of the taillights is the weakest part on these cars.

Freaken Awesome!! I've been saying this for years, and Yes - I would absolutely LOVE the rear end even more if they had only done that.

But honestly, if my car turns out half as nice as the one in the picture, I'll be happy no matter what shape the tail lights are.

I would really like to have those on my car. :cool:

I'm so used to staring at the back end of these cars it took me like a full minute to actually see the difference between the two,lol

Back