Desert Valley Auto Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
All,

I am looking to buy the rear window panel -upper back. So far, the East Coast parts have been worst than what I have.

So, Has any body bought any used sheet metal parts from Desert Valley Auto Parts?

I have received my quote, called them and they stated that the parts that I am looking are rust free and East coast parts will not even compare.

Comments Please!

fb97v6.jpg

Source: Ford Master Parts , Copyright FMC, May 1975

My 1973 Coupe-Area to replace. The rounded corners and area facing towards the glass have small rust holes already through.

2s83eco.jpg

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased my cowl from them before it was made aftermarket. They gave me more than I needed and the price is within range of the now repops. They even gave me the heater box.

Hello jeremycfr,

Was it in real good shape? Like almost rust free?

mustang7173
It was almost perfect. They were pretty good about inspecting the parts and even sending pictures when I asked. They cut so much extra, it even hand the hinges and heater box attached. It went right on to my car with no problems.

I purchased the entire left frame rail & upper cowl to fender apron extensions in I think 2003 no problems nice perfect piece with only surface rust..

While I have not purchased any sheet metal parts from them, I have purchased other items and have always been more than satisfied.

BT

All,

An update. They wanted $350.00 buck-a-roos plus $219.00 to ship. I am going to have to re-assess this. $569.00 was a bit more than I wanted to pay.

mustang7173
What part are you looking for?

just the deck between 1/4 s' and window to trunk lip ?

Don

If they have it, the part will likely be solid. The cars in the yard are extremely picked over, but structural parts (welded on) are generally still there. At $569, that may be why it is still there. If you run out of other options, try making them an offer--maybe they are negotiable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum Members,

69 Rustang, that is one alternative. I have responded to Don at Ohio Mustang to see if has the part I am looking for. I was more taken back by the ship to cost $ 219.00 dollars.

Thank You responding!

mustang7173

All,

Well, after looking high and low around the east coast area, including contacting Mustang of Ohio, I could not find a back glass curved section that did not have small rust holes already. I decided to bite the bullet. I processed my order to DVAP for the purchase of the entire LH and RH lower curved section along with the back panel and substructure. Man, this hurts the old wallet a bit, but, I know do the road, it will be worth it not having to worry about rust through. Once I receive it, it will submit pictures.

Thank You!

mustang7173

All,

Well, after looking high and low around the east coast area, including contacting Mustang of Ohio, I could not find a back glass curved section that did not have small rust holes already. I decided to bite the bullet. I processed my order to DVAP for the purchase of the entire LH and RH lower curved section along with the back panel and substructure. Man, this hurts the old wallet a bit, but, I know do the road, it will be worth it not having to worry about rust through. Once I receive it, it will submit pictures.

Thank You!

mustang7173
I hope it works out. Like I said, I've had good luck in the past with them.

Back