Parting out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kar

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code
I have decided to sell my 73 Mach1, but I can't make up my mind if I should sell it as a project or part it out. It is a shame to bust it up because the body is excellent, and the car is 100% complete, just disassembled. The body has been stripped and coated in PPG epoxy, the fenders, doors, hood, trunk, are all perfect, but still need to be stripped. The interior is complete, door panels cracked, but the wood grain and chrome are great, all the chrome on the car is excellent, front urethane bumper excellent, with shocks. wiring harness complete and in great shape. Everything in the car is original but the motor was replaced under warranty in 73, and apparently they put a 71 model 351 4V closed chamber head motor according to the casting numbers. The car is a "Q" code car.

71imtd.jpg

Photo of car before tear down.

9kxjdk.jpg

imuhvp.jpg

v2s1hw.jpg

fy36kn.jpg

Where in KY and what other codes? paint, interior, trans and rear?

I can get you codes you need when I get home tonight, but I am in Lexington, it is a C6 auto, 9" 3.0, and it was originally light blue with blue interior.

Yes I would, you can call me at 8598061170 , Rick

Yes sell it whole don't part it. I always wanted a light blue 73 Mach 1.

I hate to see any of them parted out, especially since it is nicer than some of mine. However if you do end up parting it out I'm interested in some of the interior parts...door panels, console, dash, center 3 gauge panel, instrument panel cover, glove box cover & window handles.

Best of luck with the sale.

Here is some more information:

Door Tag:

Body - 63R

Color - 3B

Trim - GB

Trans - U

Axle - 9

DSO - 47

Heads - GA D1AE

Block - DOAE-L

Intake - DOAE-9425-L

Vin - 3FO5Q170585

Below is a list of NEW parts that I have and a link to the Craigslist add I just posted, I think the price is a steel with all the parts, I know I could get a lot more out of the car if I parted it all out. The only original part I am missing is the Autolite Carb, it has an Edelbrock on it right now.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/4069773025.html

Partial parts list:

Magnum 500 wheels and BFG tires $1488.75

Factory exhaust system with factory chrome tips and all hangers $532.75

Complete front suspension kit $399

Front sway bar kit $109.95

Front brake rotors $159.90

Front brake calipers $149.95

Front caliper hard ware kit $37.95

Front brake pads $26.95

Front wheel bearings and seals $43.70

Front brake hoses $69.90

Front brake lines (engine compartment) $51.95

Master cylinder $79.50

Front to rear brake line $39.95

Rear axle brake line kit $28.95

Rear brake hose $39.95

Parking brake cables $55.90

Rear brake drums $99.9

Rear brake shoes $39.95

Rear brake hardware kit $32.95

Front to rear fuel lines $64.95

Battery tray $9.95

Bump stops $27.00

Battery cable kit $49.95

Brake / fuel line clip kit $59.95

Rear shackle kit $15.00

Radiator hoses w/ clamps 46.95

Heater hoses $29.50

Wheel well moldings $99.80

Mach 1 Grill $164.95

Axle bearings and seals $65.00

Rear end gaskets $12.00

Exhaust manifold gaskets $18.00

Replacement floor panels $141.00

Ford (not reproduction) 4V air breather w/ chrome lid $250.00

Ford (not reproduction) 4V exhaust manifolds $275.00

Rotisserie $600.00

The reason I am selling it, is pretty simple. I have four kids, 15,11, and twin 6 year olds, and my wife's job is only part time, while I can always come up with the money one way or another, there is nothing I can do to fabricate more time, and my children are involved in tons of great extras that take a lot of my time as well, which is a good thing. I feel I have two options, one roll the car to the corner of the garage for 10-15 years and then finish it, or sell it. I have thought about this for some time, and believe this is best. I have not been without a Mustang of some model for 20 years, so I hope to buy a Fox body that I can tinker with and drive with the boys, but I just don't have the time for a project like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn thats a deal!!! anyone close should be all over that!! I know i would be if i had the space!!! You should not have any trouble selling that! good luck.

Well guys the car sold as a complete project, I am very happy the new owner plans on completing what I started in lieu of parting it out, this is a really good car and it deserves to be put back together.

Back