1971 Mach 1 Marti Report(Some questions also.)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.O. Stang

Reaction score
My Car
2008 Mustang Grabber Orange V6, daily driver.

1971 Mach 1, project.
So I finally got my report back. I plan to order personalized statistics later to see how rare my car is.

I do have a few questions. My car has never been restored and is mostly unmodified with the exception of some goofy speaker set up one of the previous owners put in under the dash. My report confirmed all my options that are on the car except for three things that stick out. I have a fold down rear seat in the car. Shouldn't that be listed on the report? Also, I have a rim blow wheel that is also not listed. And finally, I have a tachometer. All look to be factory. From my understanding, it's alot of work to put a fold down in a non-fold down car and I can't see any sign of metal work. The rim blow wheel looks like it's been there awhile. No real sign of having come off at least in recent years. And the tach was hooked up to a factory harness when I removed the cluster. I know the marti report doesn't list options that were dealer installed or that are included standard on special models like the Mach 1. So were the standard or what? The limited information on the internet is giving me multiple answers and just want to know for sure what's what. Any help would be appreciated.

Fold down should be on there. Sport deck rear seat but I don't see it. Rim Blow would be as well. Is the interior green? IS the Data sticker on the door still and does it match the dash VIN. Is the Buck Tag on the radiator support? Just some things to check to see if someone may have switched things over. A friend of my Dad's switched a non fold down car to fold down and it was flawless. Just checked your other post with the pics, door panels and seats were definitely swapped out, Black instead of green.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fold down should be on there. Sport deck rear seat but I don't see it. Rim Blow would be as well. Is the interior green? IS the Data sticker on the door still and does it match the dash VIN. Is the Buck Tag on the radiator support? Just some things to check to see if someone may have switched things over. A friend of my Dad's switched a non fold down car to fold down and it was flawless. Just checked your other post with the pics, door panels and seats were definitely swapped out, Black instead of green.
My interior was green, yes. Many of the components were dyed, or rather crudely painted, black and you can see the green coming back through in places. And the seats were recovered some time ago. The door sticker is still there and it does match the vin plate on the dash. I'll have to get back on the buck tag. It should still be there, just haven't looked yet.

All three items should be listed separately on your report. One way you could confirm for sure would be to order the original Ford invoice from your car...they are really nice to have at $55 from Marti.

Jeff

Ya..should be on your report...You mite have to order the original invoice and see if it is on there...And yes check that buck tag..if it is there..And see if any hacking been done to put them fold downs in.

I do got to say that your car is the first marti report i seen that says your car was completed on schedule...usualy it is few days before or after...lol

Smells fishy to me, somebody down the line may have re-bodied your car...you need to verify the VIN stamped on the shock towers matches whats on your title. The dash, door, and buck tag all can be swapped easily. But the partial VIN stamped on the shock towers cannot without major surgery. You will have to remove the front fenders to see them. If they are not there or are different then you will know somethings not right.

Smells fishy to me, somebody down the line may have re-bodied your car...you need to verify the VIN stamped on the shock towers matches whats on your title. The dash, door, and buck tag all can be swapped easily. But the partial VIN stamped on the shock towers cannot without major surgery. You will have to remove the front fenders to see them. If they are not there or are different then you will know somethings not right.
Converted my back seat last year. Wasn't that bad to do either. Just made sense to use the best options out of my parts car. Take a look here.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-converting-from-regular-to-fold-down-rear-seats?highlight=fold+down+seat

You probably bought it from sombody like me. :p

Pull one or both of the fenders and confirm the VIN matches the title, VIN plate on the dash and the door data sticker. The dash and door could fairly easily have been swapped out but the VINs under the fender by the shock tower are more difficult to swap.

I agree something doesn't seem right but the PO could have swapped those things onto the car.

One other thing to check - what is the color under the carpet and over the hump? Should be Dark Green Metallic.

Back