value on 427 single overhead cam

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakebite8

Reaction score
My Car
67-fastback gt k-code
72-mach 1 HO
hello everyone. Seeing what is the going cost for a 427 single overhead cam. Duel carb. the engine is built to drag race but the owner died before he ever ran the engine. the engine has been sitting in garage covered since. last time i seen one of these engine for sale went for 40,000 and needed to be gone over and repainted.

yea that is what i was thinking. i will be getting picks and the list of things done to the engine soon.

Pics or didn't happen..............
33zcoc2.jpg

:whistling:

Trying to get some pics of the engine. Engine is out in mid west

well its not a single overhead cam

another pic

last pic

427 3.jpg

427 2.jpg

427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so a regular 427

my buddy is going to ask his brother to take a pic of the freeze plugs and also make a list of things done to the engine. my buddy brother is thinking of selling the engine.

That Mickey Thompson Manifold is on ebay for $1500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MICKEY-THOMPSON-CROSS-RAM-INTAKE-390-427-428-/141030123655

and $2500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-NOS-MICKEY-THOMPSON-CROSS-RAM-INTAKE-390-427-428-/400230761993

so a regular 427

my buddy is going to ask his brother to take a pic of the freeze plugs and also make a list of things done to the engine. my buddy brother is thinking of selling the engine.
A"regular" 427 is still quite a motor.

No one else notice the Boss 302 motor in the background?

good eye mweeps. I was not saying anthing about that because I hope to get my hands on it. its a 69 boss. the car is gone. the guy parked the car in the early 90's late 80's and pulled the engine and the car rusted away till he sold it for nothing.

here is a pic of the boss 302

boss 302.JPG

good eye mweeps. I was not saying anthing about that because I hope to get my hands on it. its a 69 boss. the car is gone. the guy parked the car in the early 90's late 80's and pulled the engine and the car rusted away till he sold it for nothing.

here is a pic of the boss 302

Seen that to many times in recent years. Drives me nuts. If your not going to do something with a car sell it to someone who will. I have seen a bunch of rare classics improperly stored waste away in fields or barns. Guys who consider the car an investment or a gold mine(for what they paid) and it would be if they had taken a few simple steps to safely store it. By the time they decide to do something or they die the car isn't even worth parting out anymore.

yea i have been asking if he knows the person who bought the boss from him. he is looking into it.

So what would be a good buy on an engine like this? Never bought or even thought about buying a 427 before. I know the Boss engine r going for but have not idea about 427

Back