Airlines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
Well, I bust butt to get to get to my connecting flight @ Detroit Metro only to find out our flight is delayed for 2 hours. No compensation, no alternative flight, only a weak we're sorry for the delay. OH WELL, late to another meeting.

I just can't wait to see what "mid sized" car I get in Kansas City... maybe a Corolla!

Thanks for the vent!!! :D

Don't get me started...

About a month or so ago, Me, my wife and my daughter drover 9 hours to go visit some neighbors who had moved away about 5 years ago. Their daughter and mine were best buddies. So, the plan was for us all to dricve there, spend a few days, then leave our daughter there for a week to spend time with her friend. We had arranged for her to fly home alone as an "unattended child" which means she would be escourted through the airports by an adult employee of the airline.

She had a connecting flight in Cleveland to come to Columbus. That flight was canceled, last minute. They called to inform us that our daughter would be OK in their room where they keep unattended children while being laid over.... FOR 6 FREAKING HOURS ...

That was a voicemail they left. My wife called and reamed them a new one. We ended up driving 2 hours each wat to pick up our daughter.... And would the airline do anything other than apologize? NO

Flying now days is no fun, if I can drive I drive. Just last week I heard a SW gate agent tell another SW employee the incoming flight (the one I was waiting on) would be at least an hour late coming in. The agent then posted on the board the flight was expected to be in 15 minutes late, every 15 minutes they would put up another 15 minute delay notice. I guess they do that to keep everyone in the boarding area but why not just tell the herd it'll be an hour late instead of doing it 15 minutes at a time?

We finally got out 2 hours late, the plane left ground and started creaking and popping like seams were splitting. WOW that makes an old gearhead comfortable. There is little service left in the airline industry. So sad!

BTW a VW Jetta is now a FULL SIZED CAR!!! :D

Having been in the airline industry for almost 30 years I've watched the race for the bottom first hand. Flying used to mean something, it represented exotic locations, an adventure and most of all fun. Now when you think of flying, you think of lines at checkin, lines at security, being squished into the middle seat with the people on either side of you overflowing onto your lap. Don't even get me started on the amount of crap that passengers lug with them through the airport. I know it's because the airlines charge for the extra bag but really do you need it?

That extra crap is a hazard in an emergency, next time you get on a flight watch the people shoving stuff into the overhead bins, they can barely lift that "small" bag but somehow it's safe over our heads. Anyway I don't want to get into full blown rant here so I'll let my buddy George have the last word.

Since I'm flying commercial in a few weeks I am now depressed thinking about it. I love to fly as long as it's not a commercial flight. :-/

Someone needs to bring back "magic carpet rides" for transportation.

You know you're going to have a bad day at the airport if you notice the bar is overflowing with people as you walk towards your gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I bust butt to get to get to my connecting flight @ Detroit Metro only to find out our flight is delayed for 2 hours. No compensation, no alternative flight, only a weak we're sorry for the delay. OH WELL, late to another meeting.

I just can't wait to see what "mid sized" car I get in Kansas City... maybe a Corolla!

Thanks for the vent!!! :D
Jeff,

If you're stuck in OKC - EVER - you better call ASAP! At least you can hang out with friends! LOL

Ray

Back