73 Deluxe Interior door handle differences

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tithompson

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convert
phone 9-23 062.jpg

I found out that if you have the deluxe interior on a 1973, you cannot use standard interior door handle hardware. In the picture im holding the standard, and the lower has a extension on it.

I just found out that my mach 1 has deluxe hardware but standard interior. That means of course that the handles are looking badly displaced. Do you guys know if I can just remove the small plate that shifts the handle ~3cm lower as seen above on the deluxe handle hardware to use it with the standard handle and standard covers?

I just found out that my mach 1 has deluxe hardware but standard interior. That means of course that the handles are looking badly displaced. Do you guys know if I can just remove the small plate that shifts the handle ~3cm lower as seen above on the deluxe handle hardware to use it with the standard handle and standard covers?
Yes you can drill the spot weld out and remove the plate

Save it in case you ever go back to deluxe interior

Also , I believe, the chrome on one type is smooth and the other has a brushed chrome finish. Just my two cents ;)

Back