One owner 1971 Mach 1...Part 2?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happystang

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mustang convertible

306 w/factory 4 speed
Well, seeing as the other thread escalated somewhat quickly (lol).

I thought I'd share with everyone the current plan.

I understand everyone's viewpoints, especially with the fact that, "Oh you got my car running, I'm keeping it peace out!" is a very possible outcome.

However, seeing as in the case that the car allegedly just needs a battery or jump start, I feel that the current owner could have done this anyways and I don't have much to worry about.

For $15k I'd like a running and driving car. I spoke to the owner on Sunday and he agreed to charge up the battery so I could start the car next weekend.

He's not advertising the car because he's not all that motivated to sell, especially since he has had the car for so long. I'll keep everyone updated as to what I end up doing!! Oh and here's my '69 4 speed vert in case anyone wanted to see :) Two green mustangs, that'd be cool.

1234796_10202040112192766_1900557940_n.jpg

1174523_10151826379379231_852406056_n.jpg

Dude, you've got sone gonads going against a moderator and opening up a second thread on the same topic. That was my first thought when I read the title. But after reading the actual thread I'm ok with it and what direction you want to go with the thread. Good job. Nice looking 69 vert BTW. I recommend setting up and adding some more pics of it to your garage. Also post an intro in the intro forum so we can properly welcome you to what I think is the best place to hang out on the web.

To all the others... If and only if we keep this part 2 thread friendly will we keep it open. If it goes south like the other one I will issue a red banner warning to all involved and you will be banned for at least a week. Capish? That other thread kind of ticked the entire moderator staff off at how we were not treating othes the way we would want to be treated. This is not who we are as a forum and I'm embarrassed that we behaved like this on a brand new member's first post. Shame on us!

I'm good with this thread, especially now that you're going to let us know what happens when you turn the key.

As Don said, post up a short intro in the Introductions thread so we can give you a proper welcome. :)

Well, seeing as the other thread escalated somewhat quickly (lol).

I thought I'd share with everyone the current plan.

I understand everyone's viewpoints, especially with the fact that, "Oh you got my car running, I'm keeping it peace out!" is a very possible outcome.

However, seeing as in the case that the car allegedly just needs a battery or jump start, I feel that the current owner could have done this anyways and I don't have much to worry about.

For $15k I'd like a running and driving car. I spoke to the owner on Sunday and he agreed to charge up the battery so I could start the car next weekend.

He's not advertising the car because he's not all that motivated to sell, especially since he has had the car for so long. I'll keep everyone updated as to what I end up doing!! Oh and here's my '69 4 speed vert in case anyone wanted to see :) Two green mustangs, that'd be cool.
Good luck to you man! BTW I love the vert. If you want to leave me in your will for it, I will suffer and take the honor. :angel:

69s are one of my favorite body styles.

I really had no idea I would stir up so much controversy, I apologize.

Especially for making a second thread, I was a little bummed that the other thread got closed, but I totally understand and do not wish to disrespect the moderators of the forum!

Back to cars now (yay!)

I'll be sure to post an intro thread with the details of my droptop, it's got a pretty crazy story behind it.

As for the Mach, I'll keep everyone updated as to how things work out with the owner. I love the big body style of these, my family previously owning a 4 speed 71 cobrajet mach back when it was new.

I really had no idea I would stir up so much controversy, I apologize.

Especially for making a second thread, I was a little bummed that the other thread got closed, but I totally understand and do not wish to disrespect the moderators of the forum!

Back to cars now (yay!)

I'll be sure to post an intro thread with the details of my droptop, it's got a pretty crazy story behind it.

As for the Mach, I'll keep everyone updated as to how things work out with the owner. I love the big body style of these, my family previously owning a 4 speed 71 cobrajet mach back when it was new.
Let me start over and welcome you to the forum. I hope your future experiences are good ones.

In my humble opinion you did exactly what this forum is here for. You shared a situation and asked our advice. We're the ones that went bat s@@@ crazy. We are the ones who need to apologize to you.

Again welcome to the forum and good luck on your possible purchase.

It's all good with your question on your previous post. In the last few weeks the forum has gotten somewhat askew a couple of times. We mostly are quite friendly towards one another on here.

It's all good with your question on your previous post. In the last few weeks the forum has gotten somewhat askew a couple of times. We mostly are quite friendly towards one another on here.
Don't believe him - he's been like Barney Fife ever since the Sheriff gave him a bullet for his gun. :p

Hey wait - can a Mod ban another Mod? Oh crap... I should check on these things before I open up like that. Just in case I don't come back tomorrow, it's been nice knowin' y'all. rofl (be gentle, Don... please)

That looks like an awesome car - I hope you can get it for the right price and everybody's happy when you take it home. I believe "nice herd of ponies" was also commented in another thread, regarding your other Mustangs! Glad you're here, and good luck with the negotiations! Keep us posted.

Welcome and hoping part two doesn't turn into Round 2!

As mentioned elsewhere, there may be some kind of weird lunar event that is causing internet posters to behave in unusual ways. Or internet readers to respond in unusual ways. :p

Regardless, we're looking forward to hearing how your experience turns out. :)

Very nice 69 vert and keep us posted on the 71, hopefully it will start and drive w/ no problems so you can enjoy the ride in one of these big beauties , ther're alot of fun and I'm sure you will love it.

Found this Mach 1 for you to use as a "comparison"....Mark

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4086885222.html

....or a convertible for the "same" $15,000.00 asking price as the "1" you are considering in San Jose...Mark

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/4067883407.html

Happystang my 73 Mach 1 CJ is close by you, send me a PM if you'd like to check it out, I paid $12,500.00 so you can determine if the asking price of the "1" you are looking at for $15,000.00 is a "Value" or "Overpriced"....Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this Mach 1 for you to use as a "comparison"....Mark

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4086885222.html

....or a convertible for the "same" $15,000.00 asking price as the "1" you are considering in San Jose...Mark

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/4067883407.html

Happystang my 73 Mach 1 CJ is close by you, send me a PM if you'd like to check it out, I paid $12,500.00 so you can determine if the asking price of the "1" you are looking at for $15,000.00 is a "Value" or "Overpriced"....Mark
The convertible lists a C-6 trans behind a 302. Most likely it is running a C-4 (W).

Ray

Mark, I think that last one look a little botched for a $10k car. It's missing interior & exterior trim pieces plus has incorrect trim, butchered gauge pod (which happens to be the rarer Boss style type) and radio face plate. These are just a few things that stand out from two pics...who knows what else would turn up. Good job though in posting comparisons for happy to consider.

Personally I still like the one he found the best. Those original, well cared for cars are my favorites - even more so than nicely restored cars.

Mark, I think that last one look a little botched for a $10k car. It's missing interior & exterior trim pieces plus has incorrect trim, butchered gauge pod (which happens to be the rarer Boss style type) and radio face plate. These are just a few things that stand out from two pics...who knows what else would turn up. Good job though in posting comparisons for happy to consider.

Personally I still like the one he found the best. Those original, well cared for cars are my favorites - even more so than nicely restored cars.
Hello Don; I am relatively "New" to ownership of my 73 Mach 1, as a result of my eye is Faaaar from being as well trained & discerning as yours & many others on this forum. I'm a HUGE FAN of "3 Pedal Cars", as I feel "4 Speed" Muscle cars will ( In My Opinion ) ALWAYS appreciate & be Far More coveted than automatics, thus my attraction & feeling this example had more potential, especially at a price $5,000.00 LOWER than the original owner car at $15,000.00 & seemingly an owner NOT willing to budge on his ( In My Opinion) Over-Inflated price...But as time has proven...Over & Over ad infinitum ..." A car is worth what someone is willing to pay".....Best Regards, Mark

Hello Don; I am relatively "New" to ownership of my 73 Mach 1, as a result of my eye is Faaaar from being as well trained & discerning as yours & many others on this forum. I'm a HUGE FAN of "3 Pedal Cars", as I feel "4 Speed" Muscle cars will ( In My Opinion ) ALWAYS appreciate & be Far More coveted than automatics, thus my attraction & feeling this example had more potential, especially at a price $5,000.00 LOWER than the original owner car at $15,000.00 & seemingly an owner NOT willing to budge on his ( In My Opinion) Over-Inflated price...But as time has proven...Over & Over ad infinitum ..." A car is worth what someone is willing to pay".....Best Regards, Mark

That 73 fro $10k says 4spd but it clearly has an auto shifter.

Back