Help with engine wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
This wiring comes out of the firewall driver's side, it is more than 5 feet long. I would assume it goes all the way to the starter solenoid???? What are the hard rubber squares (fusible links???) what is the thing at the end, does that go to the voltage regulator???? Also, where does that plug-in go to???? Sorry, I am not a electrician by trade!

Engine Wiring.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This wiring comes out of the firewall driver's side, it is more than 5 feet long. I would assume it goes all the way to the starter solenoid???? What are the hard rubber squares (fusible links???) what is the thing at the end, does that go to the voltage regulator???? Also, where does that plug-in go to???? Sorry, I am not a electrician by trade!

The plug (I believe), is for the under hood light. I've seen a few with the lamp plugged in to that. The end goes on the left side of the starter relay.

Hi,

This is an additional power wiring is used for rear window defrost system/heater or electric roof, also tapped the under hood lights (small round plug with black / yellow wire).

It goes next the starter solenoid on the ammeter block and become attached with the rubber pads on the reinforcement plate(yellow arrows).

The rectangular block with studs that the wires terminate at is a circuit breaker. Usually for a rear window defroster or convertible top pump motor feed.

Ron

Back