model to sell

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Convertible Modified Spec White(ext) Black Pwr Tp/Int Frt Pwr Disc Brks 351 Clevelandw/Ram Air/2 BBL Manifold/Holly EFI & Hurst (wde ratio) 4-spd/429 or 351 Ford Toploader Trans/3.5 rear axle ratio Mach 1/racing mod suspension [email protected] sec Magnum 500 (frt 7" & rear 8") wheels modified w/71-73 accessories (all original mustang parts)
do you have 1/18 or 24 scale 71 or 2 convertible w/nasa hood i may buy? Cpy cat

Best bet is to search ebay but I haven't seen too many convertible models! Someone here may have more info on where to locate one...

I have been looking for a 71-73 mustang convertible 1:18 or 1:24 scale with no luck.

they only have the 1:64 scale by Johnny lighting.

I made my own Convertible with the AMT 1:24 scale models, a little cutting, and body filler and it looks good.

as soon as I get a chance I'll take a picture for you.

I always look around at shows and shops but as far as I know there are no convertibles of our years, I have seen the earlier mustang convertibles so I guess in time they may make them.

Are you a good modeler? If so perhaps you can convert one of the current ones being sold (though my guess is that it would be a bit of work.)

69conv1.jpgYep - no models ever made of a 71-73 convertible in 1/24 or 1/18 scale. For that matter no 69-70 convertible diecasts either except for the 69/70 GT350/500's. I don't get it - the model companies just ignore 69-73 coupes and convertibles. Here is the only 69 model of a convertible I can think of that was ever made in 1/25 scale.

Speaking of models, I've got my highly detailed and hard to get 1/12 fastback plastic kits proudly showing on the top shelf of my computer cabinet.

Then our new cat, a Chocolate oriental, decided to just jump up there and see what would happen if he just rolled one off with his paw. Well, it smashed into 100 pieces. I certainly had some harsh words for him. So I went straight to eBay and decided I'm not paying 249 and 299 for another one. Any, just last week I found the vanishing mustang kit in Perth (other side of Australia) for 185 delivered. I should have it delivered today or tomorrow. I wonder if I can adapt some sort of e-brake to these kits... he he.

Speaking of models, I've got my highly detailed and hard to get 1/12 fastback plastic kits proudly showing on the top shelf of my computer cabinet.

Then our new cat, a Chocolate oriental, decided to just jump up there and see what would happen if he just rolled one off with his paw. Well, it smashed into 100 pieces. I certainly had some harsh words for him. So I went straight to eBay and decided I'm not paying 249 and 299 for another one. Any, just last week I found the vanishing mustang kit in Perth (other side of Australia) for 185 delivered. I should have it delivered today or tomorrow. I wonder if I can adapt some sort of e-brake to these kits... he he.
The only good I can see out of this is that you will have some spare parts such a spare tire and you can put in the in the trunk (if it fits) and other parts like an extra carb, etc. Is the cat still alive? :rolleyes:

G'day. Yes the bugger was on my knee sleeping 5 minutes later. I'm just a sucker for cats... Other cat lovers will know what I'm talking about. Actually I will probably go the other way around with the kit and use the new kit to fix the old model. The one he smashed was the mach 1 Japanese black and white police car with the metal wheels and battery for lights. Very rare... I even modified it so all the front and rear lights work and also made the blue and red lights on top strobe... yes it was my pride and joy...

indeed, a 1/12 is rare in itself. I have a 71 mach 1 @ 1/18 model which looks like will be taking it in to the modelers club to get assistance in cutting the top to make it a convertible like mine. Would like to wire it up. Would be a project as just installed sequential tail lights and multi color headlights. It will be a good project for this winter.

ps sorry to hear of its demise. We have some cats or should say several.

They are

always into something re i think a clip of all of them in a collage on the new upgraded first page in my photo album. On this web site. Where did you get the 1/12 model?

Last edited by a moderator:
Search eBay for "1/12 mustang". They're for sale every now and again. There's 2 there for sale now but the cheapest is $222.

I think I paid way too much for the rare Japanese police car about 5 years about (nearly 400 delivered), but I just had to have it.

Then a couple of years ago I got the vanishing kit for 180. I made that one to be a "mini me" of mine in the garage.

Same paint, same mach1 woodgrain inserts, even little stickers in the engine bay and a period correct rego sticker on the windscreen.

Now that I'm repairing the cop car, I'm giving it the attention to detail as the last one so it won't be finished in a hurry.

They're a nice little distraction.... I'll post a little YouTube clip of it with all lights blazing when finished.

One question, will the other modelers you go to frown at you for chopping up a fastback and converting it into a vert? Hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
To original poster here is a 1971 mustang convertible model kit for sale $20 including free shipping, I hope it is what you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lindberg-1971-Mustang-Convertable-Snap-Fit-plastic-model-kit-vintage-classic-/171134193220?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item27d8648e44
The Lindberg kit is typical for 1/32 scale, i.e. no engine and very toy like as compared to a 1/24 scale model.

To original poster here is a 1971 mustang convertible model kit for sale $20 including free shipping, I hope it is what you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lindberg-1971-Mustang-Convertable-Snap-Fit-plastic-model-kit-vintage-classic-/171134193220?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item27d8648e44

thanks. Have a 1/24 model w/nasa hood. If this one was a 1/24 it would fit perfectly in exchanging its standard hood. Looks like I'm just going to have to cut the roof off the model I have. Get some support and help as found a modelers club in the area.

Back