New from Farmington Hills, MI

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Josh-

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande daily driver
351C 2V/AT
1973 Mach 1 project
351C 2V/AT
I've been into classic cars in general since I was 15, drooling over my mom's 1979 Z28, which I eventually owned and drove throughout high school.

Currently I supervise a polishing department for Orthopedic Implants at a corporation. I spent most of my teen and adult life working in custom chrome restoration and still have family in it. I learned how to identify classic cars by their chrome parts, since that was what I saw the most of.

I've had a few old cars throughout the years and then Spring of 2013 I traded my relatively boring and practical 2003 Eclipse for a 1973 Mustang Grande. I have been driving and fixing it since then, and things weren't too serious; it was just a fun classic muscle car to romp around in. It is still my daily driver until there is too much snow on the ground. Then the 99 F150 will take over.

Fast forward to now, and I stumble upon a great deal on an aborted 73 Mach 1 project. The C-list ad was vague and I assumed it was a coupe, just hoping it had a better body than my Grande, which has some nasty rear frame rust. Upon requisition of the Mach which happens to have very nice rear frame rails, I realized I was too far into 71-73 Mustang fever and had no other choice but to join this forum. I know I can make quick cash selling the Mach 1 in parts, but I really want to build it. I've always loved the ridiculously impractical fastback roofline of these 71-73 Mustangs.

1.jpg

4.jpg

73 Mach 1 rear.JPG

73 Mach 1 front.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Virginia!

Welcome from Las Vegas!

Welcome to the site, you have the best of both worlds you can drive one and rebuild one at the same time. Im in northern Indiana.

Welcome to the club.. I'm not to far from you in Superior twp just outside of Canton. Great looking projects.

Haven't looked into it yet but my rear bumper is pitted and needs to be rechromed. if you don't mind I might be hitting you up for some info.

We need to get the local guys together one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I can get a quote for the bumper for you. My dad and 2 brothers have the family chrome shop in Indiana. www.ChromePlatingIN.com

It'd be great to meet up with some of you local guys. I don't really know people around here. I just moved to the area from Indiana last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back