One last wire

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
I have one last yellow alternator wire that I need help with. My Mustang lost (or should I say my sister lost) almost every original part over the years. (could also be blamed on my drunken college days in Dallas!!!!) In the alternator picture, the yellow wire plugs to a silver object that looks like a condensor or something. What is that thing called and where can I buy it???? I have seen photo's where this is attached below the voltage regulator.

(picture courtesy of 429 Mustang site).

alternatorwiring.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one last yellow alternator wire that I need help with. My Mustang lost (or should I say my sister lost) almost every original part over the years. (could also be blamed on my drunken college days in Dallas!!!!) In the alternator picture, the yellow wire plugs to a silver object that looks like a condensor or something. What is that thing called and where can I buy it???? I have seen photo's where this is attached below the voltage regulator.

(picture courtesy of 429 Mustang site).
It's a Noise suppression capacitor. I'll check around for a source but Ford might still have these.

-jbojo

Don at OMS may have them so I'd give him a call first. If not you can get one here:

http://johnsmustang.com/Noise-Suppressor-Capacitor-65-73-Mustang-Repro

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple used radio noise suppression capacitors in good shape. PM me if you want one.

Don't have any idea about the farad rating. Ford kept that a deep dark secret!

Back