7th Annual Natchitoches Return to the 50s Car Show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
We were headed to Natchitoches,LA for the car show, but a close friend passed away in Oklahoma. The guy who help build my engine took his 39 and 40 Chevys (both won trophies). He sent me a pic to rub it in of the two 71s parked close to him. I will post more pictures later.

I wonder if these guys are on here.
depy8ury.jpg

Sorry about your friend.

Those cars look like Mweeps and his dad's cars! But they are in Virginia!

Ray
Thank you. He was one of the best people I ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Now the guy is just being mean. He is sending me one picture a day. Ugh

Picture of the 351 Boss

eda7yme5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys... Found this site while I was looking at last years pics of the Natchitoches car show. I'll miss it this year due to work schedule. Was feeling sorry for myself and looking at last years event. The dark green metallic is an original Boss 351. One recoat of the correct paint about 20+ years ago. Other than that it is all original. I did remove the trim rings and hubcaps and install a set of repo Magnum 500's before last years show. We have owned the car for around 12 years. Original owner still lives in Nebraska and we chat every now and then. I have all of the original documentation. When I purchased the car I was given a 3-ring binder which has been kept up by each owner starting with the guy who ordered it from his local Ford dealer. I very seldom display it. I spend most of my time looking at all of the other classics :) This is a great site. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time check out all of the other rides........ Steve & Mary

Well, not logging on since 2014 kinda leaves me out of being a good member! I attended but did not take a car to the Natchitoches show this year. I pulled the engine and transmission out of the 71 Boss earlier this year. Transmission came out due to a failed speedometer gear and I made the call to pull the engine since it had never been out of the car. Following last years show, I noticed my oil pressure being lower at idle than normal. Good thing I decided to go through the engine. I found the front two camshaft bearings wiped out. Main and rod bearings looked fine. Engine has 76K miles. I’m still waiting for my engine parts and transmission to come back from San Antonio. We’ve been hit by to major hurricanes this year and fortunately the shop held up and Boss is still protected. Going back together with the car will be a lot slower due to all of the storm repair I still have to contend with. I have lots of pictures of the engine tear down if anyone is interested. Thanks. I’ll try to be more active...steve

Back