Intro from Indiana

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73mach1whiskey

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1 Ram Air 351C
Hello Everyone. This is a great site as I have already had many great responses so far. I passed over the intro page and started asking questions right off so my apologies. Anyways my car is a 1973 Mach 1 Ram Air 351C. It is pretty much stock except for the wheels, cam and some other minor parts.

I grew up with my car and have known it since i was about 7yo. My brother bought it in 1984, gave it to me when i was 16, mom forced it back onto my brother 2 hours later. My brother passed away (7yr later) and then my dad gave it back to me before he passed away (6mo ago). Not to be emotional but the car is family, it's my connection. I plan for my son to have it when he is ready!

Thanks again everyone and although I am slow at responses I do appreciate them!

Hello Everyone. This is a great site as I have already had many great responses so far. I passed over the intro page and started asking questions right off so my apologies. Anyways my car is a 1973 Mach 1 Ram Air 351C. It is pretty much stock except for the wheels, cam and some other minor parts.

I grew up with my car and have known it since i was about 7yo. My brother bought it in 1984, gave it to me when i was 16, mom forced it back onto my brother 2 hours later. My brother passed away (7yr later) and then my dad gave it back to me before he passed away (6mo ago). Not to be emotional but the car is family, it's my connection. I plan for my son to have it when he is ready!

Thanks again everyone and although I am slow at responses I do appreciate them!
Nice to meet you Indiana, sweet car I have a 73 hardtop with a Cleav I think its a great engine. What do you think about the 302?

Welcome from West Virginia.

Welcome from Mooresville, Indiana! That is a great story about your car's history in your family.

::welcome:: from maine

::welco What part of Indiana? Drop a pin in the map. Nice color on your car!

Thanks for the welcomes all. Well as the 302 goes I only have experiences with it in the truck but it's dependable is all i can say on that :) If you meant the 5.0 car then it is a blast! Will definitely be going to a pro for my glass problem! Hopefully it doesn't involve replacing the glass. Cool to see some other hoosiers on here!

Timachone; It is original Ram Air. The hood locks I think were added later on. As far as the "blackening" goes I am not sure but i never knew the car to have any type of decor on the hood. It would be nice to know what the car originally came with. I have some pics of the car after my brother had it for a few months and it shows nothing. However my brother had it repainted (original color) right after he bought it but there are no pictures of when he first purchased it. I only have my memory of sitting in it when he drove it home from North Carolina the day he purchased it. I barely remember that :). I do remember him saying the owners told him that it was never driven on gravel and he said "well that's about to change because my parents live on a gravel road." That story was told often because he said the owner almost didn't sell it to him because he was going to drive it on a gravel road! He promised to park it and have my dad come get him.

Sorry I write novels for responses. Anyways thanks for the welcomes and answers to the newbie questions i will have. If anyone is aware of a club to join in my area please let me know! Thanks.

did not realize there were other responses but i am from Palmyra about 20 minutes north of Louisville. Hello Marks73, pretty cool since my car is North Carolina born and raised!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back