Boxes have arrived

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1965 Mustang 2+2
1973 Mustang Convertable
My Buddy Glen Buzek http://www.rosehillperformanceparts.com/ joined us on the Drive to Tail of the Dragon and MustangSteve Bash, He brought a box of parts. These Articulated Strut Rods are the first of planned mods to have with the Coyote 5.0.

2ueo4y9.jpg

Freight truck arrived yesterday with more boxes, these are from http://www.maierracing.com/

Sub-frame Connectors and and Vert Cross Brace

2elqejl.jpg

xfxq2v.jpg

Dang I do wish I had these parts installed, for the Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon cruise!!

IF I had talked with Droptop 73 before ordering I might have done my own.

As it is I talked with Mike Maier, and sent photos of the undreside of the Vert. So even though these are based on 1970 vert units they should fit nicely. Now I have to make a date with a lift & welder.

I was planning to install strut rods and a beefed up LAC at the same time. Though as I don't have the LAC parts yet I might just go ahead and do strut rods alone. Would involve realigning front end again. With the govt shut down & furloughs, money is tighter. Which may delay new LAC's for a while.

As I don't have any welding skills, it's taken since October to get started with

the sub frame connectors.

Sunday afternoon I drove over to my Buddy Mike's house to

install the sub frame connectors. Mike figured he could reroute the exhaust

system to clear the sub frame cross brace. Balky wire feed on the welder and an

approaching storm shortened our available work time. Now the passenger's side

sub frame connector is installed, and the Vert is back home. Turns out I should

have taken it to the exhaust shop first. First part of next week I'll have the

exhaust rerouted, and then back to Mike's to complete the job by installing the left over parts.

ndx8w3.jpg

Latest posts

Back