Great site! Hello from AZ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woolznaz

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang convertible, 351 Cleveland, FMX transmission
I'm so glad to find this incredible site. I've been lurking around for a couple of months now and I can tell you the site has helped me so much already.

D side angle.JPG

P side front quarter.JPG

My 73 convertible has been in the family since the early 80's when my parents bought it from the original owner in Louisville, KY. My brother and I both drove it some in high school in southern IN. It already had 130,000+ miles when we got it, so it has not been babied. It now has around 173,000. I will admit that a good part of those last 40,000 were not "easy" miles. It has been garaged most of its life, though. After college it stayed at my parent's home and the years just went by.

A few years ago my girlfriend (now wife) and I flew to IN to get it. I was lucky that my parents were able to keep it all these years in their garage, and they kept it running. We drove it from Indiana to Arizona.... and not in a straight line. We made a route 66 (and then some) road trip out of it. It made it with no issues (other then when SOMEONE ran it out of gas -- OK, that was me:mad:). Good times! The fuel gauge was working perfectly at the time. It has since stopped working -- another project to tackle someday.

The point in bringing it to AZ was to start fixing it up. After not doing much on it for the last few years, I am now starting to work on it. I'm far from a mechanic, but I'm learning as I go. So far, I've rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the fuel pump, put on new front brakes, replaced the battery tray, cleaned off 40 years of road grime and undercoating and repainted under the front fenders, the frame, aprons, etc. It's coming along and this site is going to be helpful as I go.

Thanks for a great place to hang out on the web. It is nice to know my dad and I are not the only ones who thought the 71-73s were the best looking Mustangs on the planet. I thought we were alone in that for decades -- now I know differently.

It's a 73 Convertible with 351C 2bbl, FMX transmission, deluxe interior, 3-spoke rim blow, NASA hood (not a ram air), with factory mag wheels unique to 73. It needs a lot, but hopefully I can get it back to being a fun weekend driver. I'm lucky to have had a family that hung on to it all these years.

Thanks again for a great site. The knowledge you guys share about these cars is really impressive!

D side angle rear.JPG

P side profile with flag.JPG

Interior front.JPG

::welcome:: from Maine

::welcome:: from NY and very nice vert, this is the best place to meet like minded people who love the 71-73 mustangs

Welcome from Las Vegas! Nice ride! It's always nice to see another 73 Convertible at the stable! :D

Welcome from West Virginia! Love the graphic equalizer mounted under the glove box.

Yay! Another 73 vert owner..

Welcome from SE Michigan.

Welcome from W. TN. Nice looking car and glad your family has been able to keep it and take care of it for all of those years. Keeping a car rust free in Indiana is a challange. Now that SW weather will treat it much better. Keep us posted on the things you are working on and drop a note if you get stumped on anything. This is the best forum community for the end of the 1st gens.

Hello from mesa! What part of AZ are you located?
Will e, I'm in Carefree. Thanks for the nice welcome. Hope to see you and other AZ members around sometime.

Welcome from West Virginia! Love the graphic equalizer mounted under the glove box.
Good eye, mweeps. That's an old Alpine unit, and so is the head unit. They are garbage now, but seemed cool at the time to a then 17 or 18-year old kid. I probably mowed 50 yards and waited on 50 tables to buy that crap.... seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm sure a few of you on here are old enough to remember those old green units.

I guess it was a good move. After all, if I would have wasted that money on something like a few shares of Apple stock, the stock would only be worth about $250,000 today. Instead, I have some old crappy Alpine junk and speaker wires running through rust holes in the doors. Another great move. :s

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from mesa! What part of AZ are you located?
Will e, I'm in Carefree. Thanks for the nice welcome. Hope to see you and other AZ members around sometime.

Good eye, mweeps. That's an old Alpine unit, and so is the head unit. They are garbage now, but seemed cool at the time to a then 17 or 18-year old kid. I probably mowed 50 yards and waited on 50 tables to buy that crap.... seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm sure a few of you on here are old enough to remember those old green units.

I guess it was a good move. After all, if I would have wasted that money on something like a few shares of Apple stock, the stock would only be worth about $250,000 today. Instead, I have some old crappy Alpine junk and speaker wires running through rust holes in the doors. Another great move. :s
Welcome from northern Nevada. Great story! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back