newb from Indiana

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryan900

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 429 scj / ram air
1972 Mustang cpe 351c Ram
51 Ford f1 Flathead v8
48 Ford Cpe Flathead v8
53 Hudson Super Wasp Cpe
Hello everyone. Just another Newb here. From Indiana and a paramedic by trade. I'm new to the mustang scene. I've been into the car scene for as long as I can remember. Currently own a 51 Ford F1, 48 Ford cpe....both running the original flatheads. A 53 Hudson super wasp cpe with the orig twin h engine. I recently found 2 mustangs hiding in a barn about 2 miles from my house. a 71 mach 1 with the original 429 scj and a 72 coupe with the original 351c. Both are in really good shape. After I rebuilt the carb the 429 fired right up. purred like a kitten which was a surprise for me since the owner said they had been stored for 15 + years. Paid 1250 for both. Didn't think it was a bad price since they were complete. Like I said I'm new to the mustangs so I might be on here a lot looking for info so please bare with me. I airbrush, powder coat, upholstery as well as custom paint. I have a rather large collection of reference materials from airbrush, pinstriping dvds to blueprints so if there is anything I can help you out with just let me know. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to join this forum. Be safe!

IMG_1655.JPG

::welcome:: from NY and great price for the 2 mustangs

you got a great deal on the Mach, was the car wrecked? Looks like it has a 73 front clip on it. Welcome to 7173's
No...they were never. The frame was the first thing I checked. Both vehicles have the 73 grill and bumper but the vins from the dash as well as under the fender match the titles. The only thing not orig is the intake on the 429. Its a edelbrock rpm performer. The orig carb is there and I am picking up an orig intake tomorrow.

Welcome from the Great White North and congrats on winning the 2 for 1 Mustang lottery. A 429 is a fantastic find. What do you intend to do with the 72 coupe?
I wasn't sure at first but my daughter fell in love with it so I guess its gonna be our little project.

IMG_1652.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Las Vegas! What a steal! Goes to show that there are still some good deals out there! :D

Welcome from West Virginia!

Welcome from AZ. I'm also new here and my Mustang spent many years in Indiana as well. It sounds like you got a steal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back