1942 Chevy 2 door sedan - roller

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
I have a 1942 Chevy 2-door sedan for sale. Asking $1295. Got this car in a trade. Did not get title so all I can provide is a bill-of-sale. I know some folks that can assist in getting a title if desired. Give me a call or email me if interested.

405-408-1339

[email protected]

This car is a roller. No motor, transmission interior or window glass. I think there might be one window still in it but it is only good for a pattern. A previous owner had a mid-70's Camaro subframe installed. It had the related chevy steering column also installed.

Little history on 42 Chevys:

All civilian car production ceased on February 9, 1942 due to the start of World War II. Cars sold after January 1, 1942 were labeled " Blackout Specials" because chrome was a needed commodity for the war effort so bumpers and trim were painted instead of chrome plated. All Chevrolets were powered by the old standard stovebolt L-head 6, 218 cid with 90 horsepower. Total production for this 2-door sedan model amounted to 41,872. Many '42 Chevrolets were drafted into the military serving as staff vehicles. All American 1942 models are rare because of limited production. I do not know it this car is a BLACKOUT car but I always thought it would be cool to build it as such. Maybe even Army green with appropriate markings, like a staff car. I remember a picture of one that was on Hickam Field back in 1943.

I always liked the 42-48 Chevys. My dad owned a slick 46 Fleetline Aerosedan. Mom would sometimes pick us up from grade school in it.

That car was so smooth and quiet with that stock 6cyl motor.

The only modifications that car had from stock was a Schlitz Beer Tap Pull attached to the shifter stick (on the column) and a Fulton sun visor.

It had a factory accessory fan attached to the column. It was black and still very HOT in the summertime! LOL

42 Chevrolet 1.jpg

That is a cool car.

that looks like a cool project car.

nice, makes a cool ride for someone.
Thanks guys- I agree. Just don't have the time. The car has a HUGE engine compartment. A Big Block Chevy with a 6/71 GMC blower would fit!!

Ray

Very solid. But all metal is super thick. I could fill it full of scrap metal and roll it across the scales for decent money but don't want to.

Ray

very cool!!! i have my 45 2 door it was my grandpas and he just passed. so sooner or later i would like to restor that to like what he had it! very cool car good luck with the sale!

Yep - still got it. I would like to see it go to a good home. I got a little lazy about advertising it but I have recently dropped the price to $800.

Really cool about your family connection to yours.

Ray

Back