Here she is...1971 Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Well, I spent all day cleaning, washing, waxing and a bad sunburn isn't the only thing I have to show for it...I also have this! :D

Meet "Spice"

877c0eae.jpg

0015f687.jpg

c37b06d1.jpg

7601ecab.jpg

cf712f13.jpg

cc00d630.jpg

5cbf0e97.jpg

e7f98888.jpg

349ea740.jpg

1b719602.jpg

Thanks! We were turning heads in Latrobe and Derry yesterday evening! Still need to adjust the idle, it seems like it's loading up but doesn't stall. It also pushed some antifreeze out the overflow tube after idling for about 15 minutes. Didn't seem to get too hot though. Maybe it was just over full.

Ran outta time yesterday but I'll add some engine and interior pics tonight.

Absolutely STUNNING, Barry!

You really "fell into" something really nice. Of course, as you know, I have a bias for "yellow" MACH Is - - You did GOOD, Buddy!!

BT

One thing even out the front bumber and install the spacer thats missing between the bumper and fender.
Yeah, I noticed that...a minor bumper tweak is in short order!

Cool car gotta love the those old Appliance mags
Haha, I know! I kind of like 'em! They must have been something back in the day, each wheel has one locking nut that requires a key to remove! (Shortly to be replaced because it's a bitch to use!) But the wheels are keepers, at least until I find a good set of affordable Magnum 500's!

004-7.jpg

013-6.jpg

039-4.jpg

Hey Rocket,

Nice ride man. Sorta looks like you got a bit of over toe out on the front of that thing, or is that just a optical delusion? Did the front tires have inside edge tread wear?

Rock on, Barry! I had a '74 Nova with Appliance mags and the @#$% locking lug nuts. And I remember reading those ads, too! Thanks for the memories!

Doc the old guy
well this might bring back more memories

my girlfriends 74 nova

customized the way she likes it

2008_0730engine0002.JPG

2008_0730engine0003.JPG

2008_0730engine0004.JPG

Hey Rocket,

Nice ride man. Sorta looks like you got a bit of over toe out on the front of that thing, or is that just a optical delusion? Did the front tires have inside edge tread wear?
It has toe in. I pulled the wheels and everything looks ok. Going to take it for an alignment this week. The only cruising this weekend will be very local! I don't want to chew the tires up too bad. (So far, no damage to the tread)

That sure does bring back memories, 72fastback! If it was painted gold, it would be an exact match, I think.

In those days (when I had my Nova back in the late 70's), every little town in Montana had a "quarter mile" marked somewhere just outside of town, and that Nova was known as the fastest car in Blaine County, Montana. :p

I'm hoping to rekindle some of those memories with this vert project. Thanks for posting the pics!

Doc

That sure does bring back memories, 72fastback! If it was painted gold, it would be an exact match, I think.

In those days (when I had my Nova back in the late 70's), every little town in Montana had a "quarter mile" marked somewhere just outside of town, and that Nova was known as the fastest car in Blaine County, Montana. :p

I'm hoping to rekindle some of those memories with this vert project. Thanks for posting the pics!

Doc
My pleasure. My girlfriend will be glad to know her Chevy brought some joy to someone on a mustang site hahahaha. Only kidding because I love all classic cars but the 71/73 was my first WWWHHHHHOOOOAAAA.But I am thinking of getting a Mopar after this one is done and complete the trio.Would love a Javlin also but AMC cars are way up there to rebuild.

I like your idea about the Mopar. I had a friend in high school (different town) who had a Charger I think it was, with a 427? with dual 4 barrels (stock). He put in a dual point ignition and a cam so radical that he had to set the idle at about 2200RPM to keep it running. He always told the cops that his car would stall if he drove only 25 MPH down the street. :)

It was a bitch to get the thiing timed properly, and it got about 3 gallons per mile, but when everythng was running properly, that sucker SSCCRREEAAMMMEEEDDDD!

Again, thanks for the memories! Sure do have some good ones.

Doc

Back