I must be sick.. I uttered the word SELL!

71mach351

I'm really considering a newer Mustang. I told the wife this and she actually agreed. Looks like her 73 might be up for sale. Of course this conversation was after a few beers this weekend. We'll see what happens this spring when it comes out of storage.

FE177109-A1-C8-4-A6-C-9224-AACCFD66-C3-C9.png

Rick Bombard

1971 Grabber Green Mach 1 351C 4V

2013 Race Red California Special Convertible

1973 Medium Copper Metallic Convertible 302 4V     SOLD

1953 F-100 SOLD

I'm really considering a newer Mustang. I told the wife this and she actually agreed. Looks like her 73 might be up for sale. Of course this conversation was after a few beers this weekend. We'll see what happens this spring when it comes out of storage.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Vamach1 - 72 Sprint conv & 72 Mach1

I won't tell you what to do but I have a feeling you might regret it after. Then again I just got mine 2 years ago after 36 years of waiting. And I do want other cars but I think I will add to the collection instead. I doubt I will ever sell this car.

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

Sorry, but I gotta hang with my esteemed colleagues here - keep it. The 'new' cars are nice enough, but they lack character - not to mention they're too damn complicated to work on anymore.

Like Eric said, "I doubt I'll ever sell mine." I've been waiting almost 30 years to get mine as well. Even though it came "some assembly required - battery not included," and is still more of a pile than an actual car, I dumped my cool little '95 Honda Civic hatchback soon after because it just isn't as sexy as a classic Mustang - running or not. Once I got the Rustang off the trailer, I looked over at my little Honda (that I resurrected from the dead a few years earlier) and decided it was time to go.

Ya know - if her car's in storage, then you might just leave it in storage and go get something newer anyway. Sounds like she's just wanting something newer and cool as a daily driver.

Good luck with your decision.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Step away form the car,sir!!!! Don't do it !!

I had one of those cars that the minute I saw it leave I knew it was a mistake! That was in 1980 and I still think about it! Some cars just can not be replaced !!

16kuyc0.jpg

Think LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG and carefully before you do it.

However, selling my Pro Street '64 GTO to buy my Mustang convertible was a VERY good decision. :D

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

I own a brand new mustang and the '72.

The new car is nice, comfortable, gets good gas mileage, has A/C, heated seats, its real fast, and rides real smooth.

It also looks just like every other new mustang on the road,

Everytime I get gas in the '72 someone tells me how nice it is, or badass, or cool it is. EVERYTIME.

Keep the '73. Turn it into a daily driver, screw the storage.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

The new car is nice, comfortable, gets good gas mileage, has A/C, heated seats, its real fast, and rides real smooth.

Everytime I get gas in the '72 someone tells me how nice it is, or badass, or cool it is. EVERYTIME.

I like your attitude here Widowmaker! Hey 71 mach351, I love the picture of your green 71, has me drooling!:D

Everytime I fueled up the 65 one of three things are always heard and sometimes all three.

1. Awesome car / nice car / cool ride, etc.

2. Is it for sale? My answer, no.

3. I had one of those or my dad, uncle, sister, etc. Had one but sold it...best car I ever had. They don't make em like that anymore.

I don't get any coments on the 2005 and get comment on the 93 about 1/2 the time. But the 65...every time. I suppose the 71 mach1 I'm in the process of buying will get comments too.

I say keep it!

spacer.png

While the consensus here seems clear, I'd offer this. Don't make your decision while the car is put away.

When spring arrives, crank it up, hit the highway and THEN make your decision as you're cruising down the road. :D

Mark

Everytime I fueled up the 65 one of three things are always heard and sometimes all three.

1. Awesome car / nice car / cool ride, etc.

2. Is it for sale? My answer, no.

3. I had one of those or my dad, uncle, sister, etc. Had one but sold it...best car I ever had. They don't make em like that anymore.

I don't get any coments on the 2005 and get comment on the 93 about 1/2 the time. But the 65...every time. I suppose the 71 mach1 I'm in the process of buying will get comments too.

I say keep it!

X2 on the comments EVERY time someone sees the 'vert when we stop. My favorites are from older guys (well, now, I guess that includes me these days) who say what a great car it is, and how they had something similar when they were young, and get a dreamy look in their eyes and begin to stare of into space (boy, that really IS me these days). :)

On those occasions, I feel that I've provided a chance for that person to enjoy a little trip back to memory lane. Who knows what effect it may have on him - maybe he'll go out an get a little hot rod for himself, or maybe just get the garage cleaned out and take the missus out for a romantic dinner. Who knows.

It's your call, but you know as well as I do that there's a lot more to these 'Stangs than driveability and performance. Good luck with your decision.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

I don't envy your delima(?). I agree with everyone else. Sleep on it. A while back things got tight and I told the wife I would sell my Mach. Her response was she would kick my butt if I did. I think it would have been one of my biggest mistakes.

Jim

drive it like you stole it

Years ago I sold my 70 Mach one and soon as the guy started down the street with it I regretted it. I still regret it and my wife knows it's still a sore spot. I think that's why she didn't mind too much when I bought the 73. I always get the thumbs up when I drive her but like so many other guys have said the new mustang is just like every other mustang on the road.

In the end it's your decision. But sleep on it before you act!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Do what's right for you....I just hope you won't regret it like I did when I sold my 69 Mach in 72....Don't get me wrong, I really like my 07, but there's going to be something special about the 73 when I get it back....whichever way you go, I hope you're happy with your decision.....bill

Real American Muscle.....Go Navy! Go Mustang!

"The World is a dangerous place.

Not because of the people who are evil;

but because of the people who don’t do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

My garage: Updated 4/15/2012

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mach-1--2612

Lets see you have 2 classic mustangs you cant drive both at same time and you will keep the Mach 1. The wifes car go's hmm. If you replace the 73 for a 5.0 convert that would be worth it.

- Mike

Rick - my previous post notwithstanding (I lost track of time since way back in July :P), even if you sell her, you'll still have the Green Machine for the adrenaline rush. :D

Do what feels right for you and the little lady. Please let us know how things turn out!

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

No... The only other car I ever had that turned heads like these do was a 70 Vette with a rat motor 427 3bbl carb. The radio was useless because you could hear anything about the cam. And mine not so pretty to look at yet

1_30_09_13_10_12_32.png

Alan L

No... The only other car I ever had that turned heads like these do was a 70 Vette with a rat motor 427 3bbl carb. The radio was useless because you could hear anything about the cam. And mine not so pretty to look at yet

You´re crazy... i love your car!.. In fact, there´something lovable about classic cars who looks kinda old itself... It seems they had been living a fun life...

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]

I once took a model out for lunch back in my younger days. While we were walking through the restaurant, I noticed every eye was turned on her. From guys to gals. After we sat down, I asked her if she noticed it. She said, yea, it's kindof nice but you get used to it after a while. What really got me was what she said next. It's when they stop looking that I know that I've lost it.... you know... that look.

Although, I went on with my life and she went her way (I would have ended up in jail for going after every guy that looked at her), I found that same look when I bought my 'stang. Everyone would look at me err my car. What a feeling. After a while you get used to it and for some of us it even gets a bit bothersome.....naaah.

It doesn't matter who you are, young or old, when these cars go down the road, people just stare.... oh what a feeling...

Remember, collector car collections don't feature, mavericks, pintos, or LTDs. What people remember is the 'stang.

1973 Mach 1 - Medium Bright Yellow - (in restoration mode)

I've owned my 73 Convertible since 1974 and over the years I've considerd selling it when I had kids, got interested in boating, etc. But I managed to hang onto it and I'm glad I did. When I was young I remember hearing some of the older folks saying "I wished I had of hung onto that old car of mine" so I followed their advice and have been the happy owner for almost 37 years. Think hard about it before you let it go, it would probably be hard to replace! Good luck with your decision!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I like your attitude here Widowmaker! Hey 71 mach351, I love the picture of your green 71, has me drooling!:D

good point! I love the comment "looks like every other on the road". You're right!!!! I've owned BMW...Benz... Lexus.... never a compliment. when you cruise by folks dont say wow.... look at that cool guy ...cool car.. they say hmmm nice car. THEN they forget about it seconds later till they see one just like it moments later. They don't wonder who you are ...if your important, cool or even NICE.

Now then when I ride by in one of my ShhhTANGS??? they REMEMBER the car... I get compliments EVERY time I drive them. The ones I've become fond of..... the younger ones. I was buying gas a few weeks ago. Two young girls were kinda googling and one said "My sister LOVES that car can she take a picture" I said "well of COURSE she can". After a couple of shots I said.... "hey why don't you sit in it and get your sister to take your picture" Biggest grin you've ever seen!!

now then... you CAN'T get that in a newer one!!!

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!