Wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach123

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang mach 1
What aftermarket wheels do you guys have on your cars. I was thinking of some american Racing 5 spoke style or some Cragar 5 spokes. Or should I keep the originals on it Pics please.

G,S I WISH I COULD HELP. BUT IM GOING THRU THE SAME THING, IVE LOOKED AT EVERY PIC I CAN FIND, AND STILL CANT DECIDE. THANK GOD IM STILL A YR OR SO BEFORE I HAVE TO MAKE THE CHOICE, BUT EVERYTHING I SEEM TO LIKE STILL HAS A BASIC DESIGN THAT RESEMBLES THE MAGNUM 500S. DEFINITLEY THINK IT WILL BE A SPOKE TYPE WHEEL. CRAGERS SS IS STILL ONE H--- OF A WHEEL. IF YA FIND A GOOD ONE LET US KNOW, MAYBE YOU CAN PICK OUT MINE

I got these from Summit racing they are 15x8 magnum 500 replicas. they are heavy wheels. Some surface rust is starting to form on the outer lips after 2 years from moisture and cats pissing on them.

I should have been waxing or polishing them but I was too lazy.

I like aluminum because you can usually polish them back, once steel rusts then there's not much you can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wheels on my car actually come from an 1979 AMX . they are 14 inch wheels, but I love how they look on the car. the first photo is not from my car but to show what they look like.

800px-\'AMC_Turbocast_II\'_wheels_14x7_inch.jpg

2007_0708stangvideoand0006.JPG

i'm going with the magnum 500's in a modern day size of 18x9 front and 18x10 (most likely). i have been thinking of getting torque thrust look-a-likes for 94-04 mustangs in 17x8 front and 17x10.5's rear. these tires however will be a tad cheaper. but in these, i can't decided i want them in chrome, gun metal color, or polished lip with black.

Hi guys!... my car has a 14 x 8" URUGUAYAN made ford wheels... It´s incredible there are actually something made in here to work in the automotive world... anyway...

This kind of wheels were in the 70´ the upgrade to factory steel wheels... actually, the US Embassy (first owners of my car) put this set of wheels on the car... The original steel wheels past as new to the past owner of the car, with the factory tires too... Tires were long gone and the wheels were stolen from the car a decade ago, so here we are... riding on a Ford Uruguayan wheels...

Personally, if i had to choose, i´ll go for the 15 x 8 Magnum 500 like Jorge shows in his vert. It´s a soft combination of classic but yet agresive sport look that in my opinion goes pérfect in our body styled cars!

Enjoy!! :)

This summer I'm putting 05 Mustang 17" Gt rims on mine.....I have 14X7 Magnums right now and love the look of them ...but I need tires. I also had to put snows on my 08 Mustang and found the 05 rims on Kijiji....got a great price on them with good rubber all the way around so thats what im using this summer.

Here's what I'm putting on mine..18x9.5 in the rear 18x9 in the front
Q, is the rear of your car stock or modified? disc or drum? etc.....
Tn..stock 9" Nodular..came drum stock but I'm doing the 94-04 cobra rear disc swap..If your looking to see what u can use & compare I posted up this tool before but maybe you didn't see it ?

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp & thanks in advance for grabing those measurements I need.:D

Heres what I bought but not got the rear end installed with the conversion yet.
Tn..I was looking to buy one of those too! Just to triple check..Humm Is it for rent by any chance ? Or wanna trade rental for some adams products ? :shy:

I really like the Magnum 500's and figured that is what I would be buying for this car. Until I bought the car and it came with these units. Now if I could only find two more that are a bitter widder for the back. Anyone know where I could do that. Look closely - they are not your normal ten spoke Shelby.

Shelby Rim.jpg

im running greg weld dragstars currently. they are discontinued but a company called racestar bought the design and is currently making them. i run 15x3.5s up front and 15x10s out back, but they make all sizes. they are aluminum and clean up easily.

before that i ran cragars s/s all around. they looked good too, but like others have mentioned, after they rust and pit, they're isn't all too much that can be done.

I also ran ansen sprints (slotted mags) at one time. I dont think I have a good picture of them on the car as a set of four though.

heres a few pics, shiny black paint is with the dragstars, black with orange stripes is when it had cragars, and the flat black and flooded pics are with ansens

2s61q53.jpg

25u1nns.jpg

2qm222x.jpg

2qx5f5t.jpg

8waann.jpg

2ex7dl1.jpg

hope this was a little bit of help...

Heres what I bought but not got the rear end installed with the conversion yet.
Tn..I was looking to buy one of those too! Just to triple check..Humm Is it for rent by any chance ? Or wanna trade rental for some adams products ? :shy:
I'm sure we can work something out:D
i might need in on this tool rental as well!!

Back