Another 1973 Vert, One Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If everything in this ad is accurate, I would consider it a fair price. I might go as far as saying it's a bargain. I would also say that it is advertised in the wrong media. A car like that should go to the Barrett-Jackson auction (or one like it) to fetch the kind of coin the seller is asking. Nice car, though....

-Travis

Wrong wheels for a 73, but looks great. Probably a fair price if the body checks out. It's only about a half hour from my house if anyone wants me to check it out for them.

Wrong wheels for a 73, but looks great. Probably a fair price if the body checks out. It's only about a half hour from my house if anyone wants me to check it out for them.
Those are the same wheels I have on my 73. Were the Magnum 500's not available for the convertible in 73 ? Not that it matters much to me. I like the way they look on my car, just curious :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the same wheels I have on my 73. Were the Magnum 500's not available for the convertible in 73 ? Not that it matters much to me. I like the way they look on my car, just curious :huh:
All the reference materials I have seen suggest the Magnum 500s were not available in 1973; the aluminum wheels were the option. That having been said, I love the "look" of the Magnum 500s on our Mustangs.

As to the price asked for this convertible, I will say that I don't believe you can build one "to this alleged quality" for this asking price...it adds up quick:).

BT

They were on the option sheet but Ford dropped them for 73. I wonder if Marti has confirmed no Magnums on early production cars.

Regards asking price,

I paid $30,000.00 Australian to buy my '73 Vert 2 years ago.The car was already in Australia. So if this car is worth around $20,000, you can add around another $10,000 or so to bring it to Australia and set it up for the road.

BTW, i didn't see any mileage for the car in the ad.

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the pics that is a nice looking car.

I agree it looks like a bargin

We need the value of our 71-3's to rise :)

The optional wheels on the 73's were the Aluminum Slots. As others have said it's possibly some of the early 73's may have had Magnum 500's, but that has not been confirmed as far as I know.

Back