Finally bought one

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitecheez

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 M Code
I am new to the forum, but I have been browsing it for quite some time.

I guess some basic info. I am from Pensacola, FL. I have dreamed of owning a classic Mustang for over half my life and have finally had the opportunity to purchase a 1971 M-Code Mach 1. Well, that is what I believe I have after doing all the research online.

I have a list of items I would like to do to the car and am sure that all of you will be very helpful as I have been searching several topics on this forum.

Some of the items on the top of my priority list are:

-Replace radiator with a new aluminum radiator with electric fans, as the old one is rusted on the bottom, but not leaking.

-Change front brakes to Disc with the possibility of adding a power brake booster.

-Replace front end suspension components as there is quite a bit of bounce and drift.

I would appreciate any links or advice you could help me out with any of these items.

Also, the radiator is pretty filthy now. I was curious, if I am going to be replacing the radiator, would it benefit me to flush the radiator out now, and then again when I put the new one on, or just when I install the new one.

I do drive it a couple times a week because the excitement hasn't worn off yet.

I am not sure the history, or what all it has had done to it. I know there is a cam in it, a holley carb, torker II intake, and a rusted exhaust that has long tube headers, straight pipes back to what I can only assume are some thrash mufflers.

I put some pics on photobucket and attempted to link to it here, not sure if it is going to work as I don't really have any forum experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

The VIN tells you if it is a Mach1 or not. Digits 3&4 must be "05"

Welcome from Mobile Alabama! I've always liked the white ones and with the blue interior it is a very cool combo.

I have a parts car with the front disc brakes that I'm not going to use. Shoot me a PM if interested. No worries either way.

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure if you post individual threads with your specific questions you will get a lot of feedback.

::welcome:: from Las Vegas! Looks like you got yourself a very solid car with a ton of potential!!! I'll be watching for your updates!

You might consider getting a Marti Report on your car first off. It looks a little unique! Welcome from NJ! And get a replacement set of export braces and install them immediately. You are stressing the cowl and shock towers whenever you drive the car. Will get cracks if you do not.

Very nice looking Coupe all the way around. Three cheers for a great find! Welcome from the Tampa Bay area where there are more Boston Red Sox fans than in all of Massachusetts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back