Finally bought one

Whitecheez

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NW FLorida Chapter of 7173 Forum grows by another one!!!

Glad to have you here.

Those wheels Do add a unique look to your Stang, looking forward to seeing it in person.

Tubo, in Fort Walton Beach

Miss May, 65 2+2 EFI 331 4R70W 3.55 trac-loc Not much origional remaining

Robert's 73 Vert 308 4R70W 3.25 trac-loc. EFI conversion & 8.8 Trac-Loc 3.31 started.

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it yet.

Mach 71351c, I think I sent you a pm about those tower braces, or if anyone is selling a set let me know.

I appreciate you all helping me figure out a little of what I have. I never would've known what the wheels are. I just thought they were standard steel painted white.

I have a Co-worker trying to sell me his stock 17" bullit wheels painted black. Not sure about them yet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Glad to have you here.

Those wheels Do add a unique look to your Stang, looking forward to seeing it in person.

I thought it was the LA chapter... would you quit trying to confuse me? :D

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Mach 71351c, I think I sent you a pm about those tower braces, or if anyone is selling a set let me know.

I appreciate you all helping me figure out a little of what I have. I never would've known what the wheels are. I just thought they were standard steel painted white.

I have a Co-worker trying to sell me his stock 17" bullit wheels painted black. Not sure about them yet.

I got your PM. PM sent.

- Mike

Glad to have you here.

I thought it was the LA chapter... would you quit trying to confuse me? :D

Most of us went to school at UCLA. (upper corner, lower Alabama)

spacer.png

When I moved out here 7 years ago, I laughed when I found out what everyone meant when they said they were from LA.

Kind of like the first time someone said they were from Panama City and I replied, "wow, you speak English so well."

Turns out "Panama City" isn't just the capital of Panama.

Greetings from Los Angeles - good story and nice looking ride. It seems like the original exterior color was either Medium Blue Poly or Grabber Blue - are you going to keep it white?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-jbojo

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

• 1 year later...

I am new to the forum, but I have been browsing it for quite some time.

I guess some basic info. I am from Pensacola, FL. I have dreamed of owning a classic Mustang for over half my life and have finally had the opportunity to purchase a 1971 M-Code Mach 1. Well, that is what I believe I have after doing all the research online.

I have a list of items I would like to do to the car and am sure that all of you will be very helpful as I have been searching several topics on this forum.

Some of the items on the top of my priority list are:

-Replace radiator with a new aluminum radiator with electric fans, as the old one is rusted on the bottom, but not leaking.

-Change front brakes to Disc with the possibility of adding a power brake booster.

-Replace front end suspension components as there is quite a bit of bounce and drift.

I would appreciate any links or advice you could help me out with any of these items.

Also, the radiator is pretty filthy now. I was curious, if I am going to be replacing the radiator, would it benefit me to flush the radiator out now, and then again when I put the new one on, or just when I install the new one.

I do drive it a couple times a week because the excitement hasn't worn off yet.

I am not sure the history, or what all it has had done to it. I know there is a cam in it, a holley carb, torker II intake, and a rusted exhaust that has long tube headers, straight pipes back to what I can only assume are some thrash mufflers.

I put some pics on photobucket and attempted to link to it here, not sure if it is going to work as I don't really have any forum experience.

photo IMAG0113.jpg

photo IMAG0114.jpg

photo IMAG0115.jpg

photo IMAG0120.jpg

photo IMAG0122.jpg

photo IMAG0123.jpg

photo IMAG0125.jpg

photo IMAG0127.jpg

::welcome::The excitement has never worn off for me and that is after 10 plus years of a trial and error restoration effort to almost losing it to a faulty effort by this one auto shop of which they either broke and further never replaced the pin to the break pedal as I found out, had no breaks while on a decelleration lane coming off a highway. See my photo album somewhere's after page 7, pic and story on image of tracks going through a front yard and the rear of my mustang sitting across the street of that property. ps, seeing where you are from, MCA (HQ. Mustang Club of America is very close to you)

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png