pics from the dyno room

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
Here are a few pics of my Cleavland on the dyno.We had some problems at first because the rev limiter in the distributor was set at 5500 rpm.We fell a little short of our goal of around 425 or 450hp .We got around 389 but we are not done tinkering with it. With a spacer and some jetting I'm sure we could pass 400 hp.the intake manifold seems to be holding us back. I think I will get the edelbrock air gap intake.

2008_0816engine0003.JPG

2008_0816engine0004.JPG

2008_0816engine0006.JPG

Awesome!

I like Edelbrock's products!

the reason I wanted the stock intake was to keep the ram air functional.But I guess that is out of the question now.{ What will it be Sir. Ram Air or Horse power? Horse Power please. Thank you lol:p }

Last edited by a moderator:
HaHaHa

Thanks for the laugh. Yep, I'll choose horsepower every time.

BTW, looks like you got a haircut since the Pictures thread was posted. :)

Doc the smartass
yeah that is Ed he does all the dynoing at D&D's great guy .He will do all he can to get the most out of this little beast

You can get serious hp from a stock intake. I have a stock (70) intake with massaged 70 CC heads and my engine dyno'd at 532 HP and 510 ft/tq. I probably picked up alot of hp due to the hydr roller cam and 408 stroker kit.

Mike

Thats a good base to work with. I cant wait to see your numbers after the air gap install. Better flow, cooler runners should help bump you up a bit.

Cory

Alright the final numbers with the air gap where 435 hp and 401 torque. I will start with that considering I have drum brakes all around and no power brakes hahaha.{brake upgrade definitely my next investment}

Alright the final numbers with the air gap where 435 hp and 401 torque. I will start with that considering I have drum brakes all around and no power brakes hahaha.{brake upgrade definitely my next investment}
Nice! 435 is pretty healthy! That will definitely smolder some tires! LOL

Sounds real good!

At what RPM did your torque numbers start to drop off and were those numbers fairly consistent throughout the range?

Now, it is going to be fun getting as many of those horses to the ground as possible - - you did good!

BT

well as far as the numbers go I will have to wait to answer because I was not there on the final dyno runs,and he forgot the printouts when he brought me the engine.Engine and trany are in had a bitch of a time with the headers.The A.R.P. bolts I got where not long enough.I guess it has to do with having stock heads. The thread seemed to start a little inside the hole and I did not want to have only three threas holding those baby's on.Since it was Saturday most of the car parts stores and Industrial fastners stores where closed I had to drive around for an hour and a half to find the bolts I needed.I couldn't use normal 3/8 bolts because the hex heads would hit the headers. So I had to find Allen key bolts {witch you don't find at the local hardware store here apparently.Still had to shave a few down to clear the headers.But now all is in and tight.Only thing to do tomorrow is finish up the Mega Shifter linkage,hoke up the transmission oil lines but in the drive shaft ,finish the radiator hookups drop in some coolant and trany oil,check all systems and fire it up.

Wish me luck.If all go's well there should be a video tomorrow evening.

Back