Coolant nipple on engine block

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hey,

How does this coolant connection nipple come out of the engine block? Is it threaded or inserted. There are tears in it and it's leaking. It looks like someone before tried to get it off. You can see the top of the nipple is bent.

Thanks

2011-02-15_14-22-38_255.jpg

Hey,

How does this coolant connection nipple come out of the engine block? Is it threaded or inserted. There are tears in it and it's leaking. It looks like someone before tried to get it off. You can see the top of the nipple is bent.

Thanks
Its a press fit type deal. You can get a replacement from Napa.

Hey,

Thanks
Its a press fit type deal. You can get a replacement from Napa.
Thats what I thought but wanted to make sure before ripping out. Whats the best approach to getting it out. It looks pretty corroded.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEATER-HOSE-TUBE-PRESS-HOSE-FITTING-FORD-FE-351C-M-/380315952818?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588c98e6b2

Use a caliper and a screwdriver for the rest in the block when ite nipple is broken. The material from the nipple is thin, easy to pull out.

Use sealer for the new one.
That was fast!...Thanks for helping out. The engine is on a stand. Just happened to be looking it over last night and found some tears in the nipple. Working on the cowl hat now. Never a dull moment. Thanks for the reply!

I'm finding that if you don't know how to do something...learn fast..lol. It makes it easier with this forum. Every question I have is answered. Now if I could just get my wife to learn to weld.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEATER-HOSE-TUBE-PRESS-HOSE-FITTING-FORD-FE-351C-M-/380315952818?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588c98e6b2

Use a caliper and a screwdriver for the rest in the block when ite nipple is broken. The material from the nipple is thin, easy to pull out.

That was fast!...Thanks for helping out. The engine is on a stand. Just happened to be looking it over last night and found some tears in the nipple. Working on the cowl hat now. Never a dull moment. Thanks for the reply!

I'm finding that if you don't know how to do something...learn fast..lol. It makes it easier with this forum. Every question I have is answered. Now if I could just get my wife to learn to weld.....
Uhh, let me know how that last part turns out! ;)

You can compress the nipple with the caliper and put the screwdriver betwen the nippel and the block to pull the rest out.

Its realy easy, the thin material is easy to compress.

Thanks for all your help.

You can compress the nipple with the caliper and put the screwdriver betwen the nippel and the block to pull the rest out.

Its realy easy, the thin material is easy to compress.

Back