Hello from Amsterdam :-)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Hey folks,

Already being a member of a Dutch Ford/Mustang forum, I also wanted to become one here because it's more specific for 71-73 mustangs. So it's probably not a bad idea to introduce myself a little.

I don't know howmany non-Americans there are here but I live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. In November 2012, after I got my Dutch license, I bought my own first car. It's a 1973 Mustang Grande with a 351C-2V block in it with an Edelbrock Performer and Holley carb sitting on top. I have yet to figure out which carb coz I can't find any serial number on it :-/

Kevin Marti told me about my car's production date (July 6, 1973) and he said this car was put together on the very last day that Grande's were build. I'll add my car to the registry and post the Marti report later when i have more time.

I bought the car because I want to use my hands on something. I studied precision engineering but have always been working as a software engineer so not much grease to dig in for me... The car is in good shape but a few things need fixing and/of maintenance. My intentions are to do everything myself. I have started with a bit of painting, replaced the shifter console and soon I want to remove the LPG kit and put in a triangular Edelbrock air filter.

Whatever I do with my car, I post on this blog, if you care to take a look:

- vincentmustang.blogspot.nl/

Cheers!

Vince.

PS: The car was originally sadle bronze with standard hood. Personally I like this better though but in time it will get painted again and quite differently so ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from coastal Alabama. There are quite a few international members on here. Be sure to drop a pin on our member map under the Fun Stuff tab at the top.

Sounds like your car was one of the last of the last ones made. I look forward to seeing your Marti Report.

Welcome from Florida.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Welcome from Virginia. My first car after I got my license (way too many years ago) was a 71 I bought from the original owner. I've been hooked ever since.

Welcome from West Virginia!

::welcome:: from your neigbor in Luxembourg, Europe.

I took mine to Cadzand this summer. Nice trip, good weather so we could cruise with the top down. :)

Hello Mr Dutchman,

Welcome from west south of France. I'm the owner of a '73 Grandé too.

I have been told that somebody from this site http://www.stolzeclassiccars.nl/ "met" my car somehow. As I was looking for some historic but couldn't find anything. Anyway, around 6 or 7 years ago were some dutch plate on my car.

A bientôt.

::welcome:: to the forum !

Welcome Vince from Olympia WA!

I read your blog concerning painting your front bumper, very well written and spot on recommendations, especially concerning insuring protecting from overspray and the paint surrounding any sanded areas should be "feather sanded" prior to painting...I see you found out the hard way but corrected it. Good job.

Jim

Welkom gewenst vanuit Rosmalen.

Welcome from Rosmalen ( Netherlands ).

JB

Welcome Vinnie. Nice looking Grande you have. Post some photos when you get a chance. The blacked out hood and black vinyl roof is a good combination with the white paint. What color are you thinking of painting it in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back