3F04H262848

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Here's my Marti Report. Obviously the car doesn't look like the way it was build anymore but this is how I bought it...

3F04H262848_dlxrpt-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A car sold by Deel Ford on LeJeune Road - I knew the dealership. Not more than a few miles south of me.

Building was torn down a few years ago, sadly. We also lost Coral Gables Lincoln-Mercury, though their showroom still stands as part of the vacant lot.

-Kurt

I like your car. And it looks great!

But I have to admit Saddle Bronze is one of my favorite colors for the 73 Mustangs.

A girlfriend had a Q code automatic Mach 1 in that color. What I remember most is it had a fold-down back seat!!!! LOL

Ray

Update: Today I emailed Kevin Marti to ask how much longer his Research stats page is going to be closed for new inquiries because I wanted to know if my Grandé ( one of the last ones produced on july 6, 1973 ) is actually the last one. Quite unexpected (as I could not pay for his service) I already received a reply with the answer to my question and my Grandé is not the very last one... It may still be the youngest surviving Grandé but who knows...

Update: Today I emailed Kevin Marti to ask how much longer his Research stats page is going to be closed for new inquiries because I wanted to know if my Grandé ( one of the last ones produced on july 6, 1973 ) is actually the last one. Quite unexpected (as I could not pay for his service) I already received a reply with the answer to my question and my Grandé is not the very last one... It may still be the youngest surviving Grandé but who knows...
That was going to be my comment that it was produced during the shut down for model change which is over our July 4 holiday.

A member of our local Mustang club has the last Fox body Mustang built. There was some confusion over it. The VIN# does not actually have to be the last one. The VIN# is assigned when Ford gets the order. The actual build date is what tells you when it went down the line.

Daniel Carpenter paid big money for what was said to be the last Fox body Mustang. Ford had big to do over it being the last one then they ran the coupe the club member has after it, lol. It is signed by all of the employees that assembled it. It will be on display in the MOM Mustang Owner's Museum also.

Pic of the Fox coupe.

When we supplied BMW for their new X-5 Sports Activity they did a pre production build of 200 vehicles. All the same color and all with sun roof. These were used for evaluation, some crash test, some track tests and we actually drove them some just to get miles on them. When BMW started series production the first X-5 was auctioned off and some collector paid big money for the first one. Usually all of the pre production vehicles get crushed. BMW decided not to crush some of the 200 made before the #1 and sold them. So they were actually made before #1.

Car companies have rules but never follow them. They do what makes the most money for them.

Probably some of the last 73 mustangs were built using what left over parts were around.

I have wondered the same about my Grande, it had to have been built at the samt time as yours, but my vin is 3F04F263747.

Back