Vinnie

3F04H262848

Here's my Marti Report. Obviously the car doesn't look like the way it was build anymore but this is how I bought it...

Pretty rare car with the paint option...also has some nice options. Enjoy.

Jeff

Here's my Marti Report. Obviously the car doesn't look like the way it was build anymore but this is how I bought it...

Jeff

1972 Q Code Convertible

Nice car.

- Mike

Hi Vinnie

Nice Mustang! Did you have it shipped from the US?

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed

Hi Vinnie

Nice Mustang! Did you have it shipped from the US?

Nope, I bought it Nov 2012 but I believe it was imported from Florida in 2000.

A car sold by Deel Ford on LeJeune Road - I knew the dealership. Not more than a few miles south of me.

Building was torn down a few years ago, sadly. We also lost Coral Gables Lincoln-Mercury, though their showroom still stands as part of the vacant lot.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Vinnie,

That is one sharp looking Coupe. Love the color combo with the vinyl roof!

1_24_09_13_4_29_06.png

I like your car. And it looks great!

But I have to admit Saddle Bronze is one of my favorite colors for the 73 Mustangs.

A girlfriend had a Q code automatic Mach 1 in that color. What I remember most is it had a fold-down back seat!!!! LOL

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I like the new color combo too.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Update: Today I emailed Kevin Marti to ask how much longer his Research stats page is going to be closed for new inquiries because I wanted to know if my Grandé ( one of the last ones produced on july 6, 1973 ) is actually the last one. Quite unexpected (as I could not pay for his service) I already received a reply with the answer to my question and my Grandé is not the very last one... It may still be the youngest surviving Grandé but who knows...

Update: Today I emailed Kevin Marti to ask how much longer his Research stats page is going to be closed for new inquiries because I wanted to know if my Grandé ( one of the last ones produced on july 6, 1973 ) is actually the last one. Quite unexpected (as I could not pay for his service) I already received a reply with the answer to my question and my Grandé is not the very last one... It may still be the youngest surviving Grandé but who knows...

That was going to be my comment that it was produced during the shut down for model change which is over our July 4 holiday.

A member of our local Mustang club has the last Fox body Mustang built. There was some confusion over it. The VIN# does not actually have to be the last one. The VIN# is assigned when Ford gets the order. The actual build date is what tells you when it went down the line.

Daniel Carpenter paid big money for what was said to be the last Fox body Mustang. Ford had big to do over it being the last one then they ran the coupe the club member has after it, lol. It is signed by all of the employees that assembled it. It will be on display in the MOM Mustang Owner's Museum also.

DSC_0842.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0844.jpg

DSC_0846.jpg

Pic of the Fox coupe.

When we supplied BMW for their new X-5 Sports Activity they did a pre production build of 200 vehicles. All the same color and all with sun roof. These were used for evaluation, some crash test, some track tests and we actually drove them some just to get miles on them. When BMW started series production the first X-5 was auctioned off and some collector paid big money for the first one. Usually all of the pre production vehicles get crushed. BMW decided not to crush some of the 200 made before the #1 and sold them. So they were actually made before #1.

Car companies have rules but never follow them. They do what makes the most money for them.

Probably some of the last 73 mustangs were built using what left over parts were around.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I have wondered the same about my Grande, it had to have been built at the samt time as yours, but my vin is 3F04F263747.

Ritchie