Hello from New Braunfels, TX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

71coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang
Ok..I know my '71 isn't pretty, but its a work in progress. I bought the car for $650.00 dollars. I think it was a good deal. Hopefully, in time it will look as good as some of the stangs I've seen here. But, as with all projects...it takes time and money...and more money. Anyway, my plan is to take out the 302 and get it rebuilt this summer. So far I have 3 places in mind to take the motor to for rebuild. 1. mission machine shop 2. clays machine shop 3. duffin. so far, I've been hearing a lot of good things about mission machine, so I'm leaning on going there. Body work...well, there's a lot that needs to be done, but I've doing a little bit here and there. I will keep you guys updated on my progress. Thanks.

IMG00044s.jpg

100_0101s.JPG

100_0096s.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: Nice ride,Just keep at it and you will have it the way you want.Mine is not that well looking But i am working on it. all in due time

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and like I tell everyone else, we all start somewhere. SO keep the faith, and you are correct on the time and money and money and time. If you are like me when you have one you don't have the other. Keep us posted.

Its purdy to me...especially the engine. Great buy. Enjoy and have fun with it.

I think you got a excellent deal on the Mustang. The motor looks nice and clean and well taken care of with some nice aftermarket parts.

WELCOME aboard!

Curious as to what made you apparently start with having the motor machined? Not necessarily a "bad" thing but just wondering if it has some issues.

There is a LOT of expertise on this Site for all phases and types of restoration/modification, so I think you will find all the help that you think you might need.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Welcome! Is there a problem with the engine? It looks nice. If it ain't broke... I'd put that money in other areas. Excellent deal in getting the car!

Welcome! Is there a problem with the engine? It looks nice. If it ain't broke... I'd put that money in other areas. Excellent deal in getting the car!
X2 here!!... first of all... welcome and please!! 650 bucks!!!... the tires worth that much!!

Let me give you a little advice on how to do the plan for the restoration progress... I think if the engine is running, you dont have to rebuild it right away, as the matter of fact, my car has an unopened engine so far, it´s a I6 and it has never been done... she´s not a Nascar engine but he runs really fine...

If i were you i´ll open a new thread and ask the expertices here, how do they organice the restoration process if they were you... Believe me, here you´re gonna find A LOT of people who knows A LOT about this things... Some are trully professionals so, it´s worth to listen to them...

Try to take as many pictures as you can of your car, in order to let us see the actual car, sector by sector.. For what you´re showing, you have a solid body... maybe rust here and there but it is a straight car, no accidents maybe??.. the engine bay looks sharp and original (dont you have the export braces?), the engine looks ok to... The car should run fine...

If you dont have a complete interior, maybe you can try to find someone who has or had a donnor car and the interior is still there... There´s a bunch of pieces that you should get as used and then, restore...

Anyway... I´m exited with your car!! jeje... so... we all are going to help you in whatever we can...

ENJOY THE PROCESS and drive your car man ;)

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

I'm working on a 72 Coupe myself! Lots of work but the payoff is great!

::welcome::

::welcome::, 71coupe. Looks like you got a heckuva deal and a fine restoration project. I'm elbows...err chest...err neck-deep in our 72 coupe project, and I love the information and inspiration I get from this site.

Please set up your garage and post more pics. We all look forward to watching your progress.

Mark

Well it's nice to know that someone knows where to live! Im from New Braunfels myself. Currently in Annapolis, MD. Had my car down this Christmas and may again in the summer. Nice to have you here.

Nice car! Looks like you stold it for that price! Whats wrong with the engine? Looks lie you have all the right peices in place.Let me know if you need some help.I am kind of toying with getting back in to some re-sto mechanical work. Shameless plug there,but really welcome and Howdy !

1973_Ford-29.JPG

Thanks fellas...for all the support. It's GREAT to hear all your support and comments. The engine looks pretty from the outside, but I suspect a cracked head gasket or cracked head, because it smokes a little and I'm constantly having to fill the radiator with water/anti-freeze. :( So, I figured I might as well take it out and get it done right. Ok...ok..I won't lie to you guys..I did put the pedal to the metal when I got the car home. Bad idea :( after that the smoke started to appear! But, damn..the car got up and moved :) I was like WoWzA!! She's got some power a little 302 with 4 barrel. She was probably on her last leg, so it was bound to happen, right? the Odo read 210,000 on the original 302 motor. I thinks she needs a rebuild by now. Again..thanks for all your support!!! I will keep you all posted on the build progress and I will take lots of pics.

You might want to pull your dip stick to see if it is "milky looking" as that could be an indication that you have blown a head gasket or that water is somehow getting into places it should not be.

Again, most of us like to "mess with the engine" first, BUT that is not always the prudent thing to do considering other priorities with our cars. Know that whatever you decide to do, we are here to support your efforts.

BT

Awesome and Welcome! My very first toy was a coupe :) Love coupes just don't see them much around here.

1zx39xc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back