Who belongs to this?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know who owns it W, but Cloud Nine Classics are flogging it.

I've seen a few Stangs sold by that mob over the last couple of years, and were photographed in the same exotic location.

Looks like the electric windows are aftermarket, or maybe just the switches.

She's got a decent amount of money riding on her too, that's interesting.

Greg.:)

Yep, that's my car. Oh wait, nope. I have a 72 coupe. It's brown. They are pretty similar though, oh wait...no.

Anyway, what a truly beautiful car however ridiculously overpriced (reserve not met at $50K). I can't see anyone spending over $50K on a Mach 1 / Fastback that isn't a 69 or 70 Mustang or 68 or 69 Torino. To each his own though, if I had the money I'd buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really beautiful.

I like the price. 29 bidders and above 50000 bucks. That's a good sign for the value of our model years. Ok, this one is special it being a J-code and all but it still shows that some people are starting to spend serious money on our bodystyle.

Once that takes off, the others are gonna follow.

It looks like a nice car.

Not thrilled with his " near concours " quote as it has several mistakes.

429 cars were at 50 K in early / mid 2000"s - untill everything crashed.

Good to see they are getting back up there.

Nice car...noticed the Order Type is "Company Lease Plan". Have never seen one before with that designation. I know cars were leased to employees but is the first have seen. Anyone else have a car that shows this order type??

Jeff

Nice car...noticed the Order Type is "Company Lease Plan". Have never seen one before with that designation. I know cars were leased to employees but is the first have seen. Anyone else have a car that shows this order type??

Jeff
My order type was Special Purpose Car. The DSO was Ford Marketing corporation. I have never seen that before either.

John J

I have issues at $50k+ for a car with perfect gaps, a "near concourse restoration", and perfect showroom paint (but may have a stone chip or two if you look closely) when it does not have perfect gaps nor is it anywhere near concourse and I bet it does indeed have stone chips.

It is a nice looking car though. I'm just nit picking since the seller put it out there in such a manner.

I have issues at $50k+ for a car with perfect gaps, a "near concourse restoration", and perfect showroom paint (but may have a stone chip or two if you look closely) when it does not have perfect gaps nor is it anywhere near concourse and I bet it does indeed have stone chips.

It is a nice looking car though. I'm just nit picking since the seller put it out there in such a manner.
Look at the lower black paint in the door jambs and on the back / bottom of the doors

You would have to re-paint the jambs to make it look right.

Also the stripes do not wrap aound the body panels

When you look at the side of the car you see silver in-between each stripe section

I would love to have it and hope it sells for big money - but agree it is not councours

Why, oh why, would anyone put black/white seats in a pewter/black car? :huh:

Is it me, or does the back seat look a bit 'off' on the passenger side? Maybe the last one to ride in the back seat was someone my size. rofl

Damn nice car, though. I don't know that I'd be happy with something like that... at any price. Shortly after I bought mine, there was an M-code looking almost exactly like that for sale at an RV lot that sells hot rods as well. The first time I saw it from the road, it had a $24,500 price tag... and when I visited the car (to drool more than anything), it was down to $19,500. I'd thought about buying it... but then decided against because I would never want to drive the damn thing. That's an 'investment' car, IMHO... and I want to drive the crap out of mine, which is why I'm not so worried about "concours" points - I just want a nice '71 Mach 1 to grow old with (and have fun doing it).

Thanks for sharing, though!

Why, oh why, would anyone put black/white seats in a pewter/black car? :huh:

Is it me, or does the back seat look a bit 'off' on the passenger side? Maybe the last one to ride in the back seat was someone my size. rofl

Damn nice car, though. I don't know that I'd be happy with something like that... at any price. Shortly after I bought mine, there was an M-code looking almost exactly like that for sale at an RV lot that sells hot rods as well. The first time I saw it from the road, it had a $24,500 price tag... and when I visited the car (to drool more than anything), it was down to $19,500. I'd thought about buying it... but then decided against because I would never want to drive the damn thing. That's an 'investment' car, IMHO... and I want to drive the crap out of mine, which is why I'm not so worried about "concours" points - I just want a nice '71 Mach 1 to grow old with (and have fun doing it).

Thanks for sharing, though!
I feel the same way about mine...I want to enjoy driving it

Damn if you all this negative on our own cars, that you are supposed to love. I would hate to hear it on other cars:s I hope the car sells for 150,000. That only helps the value of ours. Is it perfect ? No, but nicer than 75% out there.

Damn if you all this negative on our own cars, that you are supposed to love. I would hate to hear it on other cars:s I hope the car sells for 150,000. That only helps the value of ours. Is it perfect ? No, but nicer than 75% out there.
My 'only' complaint is that it's "too" nice for my liking. Something restored to that level and commanding that kind of money is just too much to risk on the road with all the other sucky drivers in my neck of the woods.

Back