What about these wheels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
I was considering these US MAGS wheels made by MHT.

To me, the one with black looks like a modern day Magnum 500.

I know that the 17 x8 will fit but not sure if the 9" will because of the 5.25 back space.

Anyone have these on their car?

Would the 17x9 fit in the back?

image.jpg

Thanks guys.

theres tons of room at the back of our cars, if well chosen, you could fit an 11" wide wheel under there.

i have 9.5" wide wheels, but i got an axle from a 1970 Mustang under it. so i cannot help with the correct bs coz my axle is narrower

Check this thread I posted. It should have everything you need.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-experiences-with-bigger-wheels

The 9 inch wide in 17 inch is likely to cause problems with the upper control arm as the rim is exactly the same height. Some 8 inch wide ones might too. Be careful.

In the back there's plenty of room.

By the way, I like those rims you posted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang Roy, I always love seeing new pics of your car - it is truly inspiring. ::thumb::

Thanks for posting that, John! I was originally thinking Torque Thrusts for mine, then more-or-less decided on Cragar S/Ss... but I was REALLY diggin' the look of that blue '69 in the Mustang Monthly article "Coyote Wild," with its wheels looking very much like the ones your posted with the black areas (modern updated Magnum 500-ish).

Now, I'm torn between the Cragar S/Ss and the possibility of the US MAGS Bandits. So yeah... Gee... thanks. :dodgy:

rofl

I like the way they look...would be nice to see them on a car
Here you are. Sorry no mustangs.:huh:
I'm perfectly content with the Magnum 500's on my Mustang. However, these wheels would look pretty darned good on my 2010 Challenger R/T :)

Dang Roy, I always love seeing new pics of your car - it is truly inspiring. ::thumb::

Thanks for posting that, John! I was originally thinking Torque Thrusts for mine, then more-or-less decided on Cragar S/Ss... but I was REALLY diggin' the look of that blue '69 in the Mustang Monthly article "Coyote Wild," with its wheels looking very much like the ones your posted with the black areas (modern updated Magnum 500-ish).

Now, I'm torn between the Cragar S/Ss and the possibility of the US MAGS Bandits. So yeah... Gee... thanks. :dodgy:

rofl
Here's my attempt at Photoshop:

View attachment image.jpg

Back