Fuel prices

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
I was wondering what gas was going for in all 50 states and overseas. It has dropped to 3.09 for regular and 3.29 for premium in Michigan. I heard on the news that some states are under 3 bucks a gallon.

John J

I've been telling my friends for the past few years to hang on to their gas guzzlers. As the image conscious, semi-affluent members of our society start buying more and more electric and hybrid cars, the demand for fossil fuel will decrease. And if one trusts the validity of basic economic theory, with the drop in demand, so goes the drop in price :) ! Gotta love that Adam Smith eh ?

We buy fuel by the Litre down here, last time I got fuel, 95 octane, it was $1.68/lt.

So - 1 US gallon been, 3.785lt. That's $6.35 a gallon.

This is in the outback, of Western Australia. city prices are cheaper, and they have 98 octane available, the lowest octane fuel we have is 91.

I just paid $3.29 a gallon for premium for my wife's car here in Las Vegas. Regular is $3.09 a gallon. That makes me feel a little better, as my truck has a 30 gallon tank!:) Now I can fill up and have a little change back from a hundred dollar bill.....

About 6 bucks a gallon here in Au.

I heard on the radio this morning that FPV, fords performance arm, will cease production of the GT.

Ford have stated that they will also cease all vehicle production in this country by July 2016.

Bring on the RHD mustang! Most manufacturing in this country has gone to the dogs...

So much for the lucky country hey!!

Last edited by a moderator:
About 6 bucks a gallon here in Au.

I heard on the radio this morning that FPV, fords performance arm, will cease production of the GT.

Ford have stated have they will also cease all vehicle production in this country by July 2016.

Bring on the RHD mustang! Most manufacturing in this country has gone to the dogs...

So much for the lucky country hey!!
I hear you loud and clear Jim!

Australians have developed a 'MASSIVE' love affair with all types of imported vehicles over the years. We lead the world with the numbered variety of vehicles we import each year. I personally am witness to seeing thousands and thousands and thousands of imported cars of all types arriving in Australia every week.

There is no way in hell that any local car manufacturer could survive with that onslaught of competition - and they won't. What car manufacturing industry we have left here, Australian taxpayers have and are still proping the dying companies up as well. A sad day for Australians, as our manufacturing base slowly disappears before our eyes. How truely sad indeed.

Greg.:(

^^ Too true only a matter of time till local car production is no more, The Government spends millions to keep the local car makers going, Holden gets the most but Toyota and Ford get a good chunk too. or should I say we the tax payer are the ones paying for it.

"Figures released by Holden show it received $2.17 billion in state and federal government assistance over the past 12 years, compared to $1.1 billion for Ford and $1.2 billion for Toyota, News Limited can reveal.

This equates to Holden receiving an average of $180 million a year compared to Toyota taking $95.8 million a year and Ford getting $87.8 million a year."

Holden’s taxpayer support is comparatively high given Toyota has been the biggest producer and exporter of vehicles over the past decade - and Holden last year posted its lowest sales in 19 years.

^^ Too true only a matter of time till local car production is no more, The Government spends millions to keep the local car makers going, Holden gets the most but Toyota and Ford get a good chunk too. or should I say we the tax payer are the ones paying for it.

"Figures released by Holden show it received $2.17 billion in state and federal government assistance over the past 12 years, compared to $1.1 billion for Ford and $1.2 billion for Toyota, News Limited can reveal.

This equates to Holden receiving an average of $180 million a year compared to Toyota taking $95.8 million a year and Ford getting $87.8 million a year."

Holden’s taxpayer support is comparatively high given Toyota has been the biggest producer and exporter of vehicles over the past decade - and Holden last year posted its lowest sales in 19 years.
Well said Peg,

But getting back to cost of fuel, being around $6.00 per gallon in Australia, or around $1.60 per Litre, is not good at all.

I know that America has a population base of close to 317 million people at present and Australia's population is around 23 million people - but the real sad thing is that we used to enjoy a real good,affordable cost of living here in Australia - food, housing,taxes, amenities etc.

Those days are gone, for now, cost of living has gone through the roof. Australia is now an expensive country to live in.We are greatly overtaxed and over governed in this country, given our small population base. We had a strong representation of middle class people - that has dramatically schrunk - the gap between rich and poor, the have and the have nots has greatly widened, poverty and the homeless numbers have gone up dramatically too. I think 'GREED' and poor Government mismanagement, is killing off the Western countries economies and decent way of life for all.

America truely and sadly has it's big share of woes right now, but the way things are going here,we ain't far behind you! Our Goverment is basically broke as well.

So America, enjoy your $2 to $3+ dollar fuel right now!

Just my 2 cents worth,

Greg.:(

While we're on a philosophical note, I can't help thinking of Microsoft and how the govt forced a split to stop them from being too successful.

Democracies are the same. You reach a point where the rich can only get richer at the expense of the poor getting poorer...

Extrapolate that further and ultimately, there'll be one man and one company left standing if govt's didn't intervene...

It s almost like ultimate democracy cannot sustain itself in it's purest form...

Relax everybody, I'm not a commo...hehe .... it just makes me wonder where the world is heading that's all...

After seeing zeitgeist years ago, I've become real synical of almost everything I see and hear on the news...

Don't forget that US gasoline is 10% ethanol. With government subsidies, that helps to drive the cost down. Here, you can find ethanol-free gas, but it is about $0.30 more expensive. In reality, we should be comparing ethanol-free gas prices to those prices in years gone by.

Back