New top being installed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
photo 2 top installtion.JPGnew top 2.JPGHere are a couple of photos of my new top being installed. I did not know how much the old top had faded out until I saw the new top on the car. I took it to a mom and pop shop and the owner is installing it.

John J

Where did you get the new top?
EZ on auto tops is the brand. There several vendor on the internet that sell them. Tops on line .com is one of them.http://www.topsonline.com/department/Convertible_Tops_And_Accessories.

John J

Here a photo of the car with the new top on. It not the best photo because there no much sunshine in Michigan in November.

mustang with new top.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Post up some more pics of the sharp 73 convertible with the 73 slotted mags!

Place them in your Photo Album area if you can.

From what I see so far - a nice car!!!!

Ray

That looks great! The secret to helping to keep them nice is to wipe them off before you put the top down. Never leave the top down over night or if you are parking it for a few hours.

Awesome, same color I want for my new 'vert acquisition. Thanks for the link to tops on line, can I get a reference point on how much an install cost? thanks!

It was expensive. The problem in Michigan is there are only a few mom and pop places that install them. It cost me 1200.00 including the top with glass which run around 325.00 I found the installer from the service manager from my local ford dealer. I know in other states out west and down south you can get it done a lot cheaper

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
It was expensive. The problem in Michigan is there are only a few mom and pop places that install them. It cost me 1200.00 including the top with glass which run around 325.00 I found the installer from the service manager from my local ford dealer. I know in other states out west and down south you can get it done a lot cheaper

John J
I paid about the same here in AZ. Also a local mom and pop shop.

I also just bought the top from a company called California Convertible Tops and I think it was shipped directly from EZ Soft Tops, not sure where they are... They were good to deal with for the purchase.

I bought the top in Ford White Pinpoint Vynil2 with glass rear window, top pads, side cables, well liner and tack strips. The price was $502 US$ before shipping. It came with everything ready to go.

Like others, I am debating giving this installation a go myself... I removed the old top during the recent teardown and looking back, it doesn't look ridiculously hard to do, but as others here have noted, taking my time, checking and re-checking, I think it can be done. I will get a couple local quotes first to see where I want to go.

I am a ways away from having to worry about this, my car is just being picked up tomorrow to go into the restoration shop for a rotisserie body and paint.

In the meantime, I am acquiring the necessary parts. Cheers.

Back