1971 351-4V

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitecheez

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 M Code
There are a few discrepancies in the report that I am not sure of.

It lists power front disc brakes, but they are manual, and as far as drum or disc....I haven't looked yet.

It says power steering, but it looks like an aftermarket unit to me. I guess it could've broken and been replaced.

It states air conditioning, but I don't think I have a/c. I will load a picture of the fan control to see if anyone knows, but there is no ac compressor under the hood.

The last thing is the transmission. It only has 4 gears now, but someone could've changed that as well.

Is it possible for someone to swap the vin from one car to another?

Where else would I find the vin number on the car to match to whats on the dash.

Thanks,

Eric

A C6 transmission is the model, not the number of speeds. The C6 is a 3 speed automatic.

Is there a sticker on the drivers side door, where the door latch grabs the post?

Last edited by a moderator:
If a car was born with power disks brakes, why on earth would someone go out of their way to install manual brakes.

A vin swap would make a lot of sense. Taking off the drivers front fender will also show the original vin (to the fender).

Eric...nice looking Marti.

Your VIN question...it can be found on the dash with the tag, on the drivers side door end, under the top of fender lip on the sheet metal of the body (both sides of car), rear driver side of motor and top of transmission. All these locations will provide clues to what you have or don't. So that's six different places that I am aware of.

Jeff

If a car was born with power disks brakes, why on earth would someone go out of their way to install manual brakes.

A vin swap would make a lot of sense. Taking off the drivers front fender will also show the original vin (to the fender).

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I appreciate all the replies. Now I have some great places to start this weekend.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Back