Got a new prize for the Mustang today!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
Last week I read a thread posted by Boss1Ray about Mustangs originally from Oklahoma. Mine is from Shawnee, Kansas. I decided to look up the dealer and give them a call. I explained that I am restoring a 73 Mustang originally purchased at their dealership and would like to see if they had a license plate frame bearing their name that I could put on my car. They don't have the frames anymore, but they did offer to send one of their license plates that had their name on it. I thought that would be cool. I figured that they would send a cardboard or plastic plate like we use at the dealership I work for, but no! it is stamped metal. not only did he send me one, but sent me five of them! The guy I talked to is John in the parts dept. Damn nice guy! He wouldn't let me pay for them either! Nice way to end the work week!

license plate.jpg

Cool plate! The dealership my 73 came from is still there, but the name changed many years ago. They did not have any of the old records or name plates.

That is great! And that is usually all it takes. Sometimes you get nada but don't give up!

Excellent score!

I contacted the (old - no longer in biz) dealership owners in Cordell Oklahoma - where the Boss was sold new. They actually found some old polariods from when the car was new - sitting in front of the dealership! They were all damaged from poor storage but myself and a friend worked some Photoshop magic to clean one of them up!

Check it out:

Don Cannon Boss sidebyside.jpg

Ray

Thats awesome man....Wish the dealership mine come from was still in biz..lol
Me too

That is great! And that is usually all it takes. Sometimes you get nada but don't give up!

Excellent score!

I contacted the dealership owners in Cordell Oklahoma - where the Boss was sold new. They actually found some old polariods from when the car was new - sitting in front of the dealership! They were all damaged from poor storage but myself and a friend worked some Photoshop magic to clean one of them up!

Ray

Check it out:

2z7lsox.jpg
Now that is cool

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

there is a shopping plaza in the spot now in New Britain CT. where the dealership once stood

Lebrun-Sichler Ford they went out of Biz in the Mid 80's

and after some research the owner Herve' V. LeBrun died on Dec 9th 2012 at the age of 91

+1

there is a shopping plaza in the spot now in New Britain CT. where the dealership once stood

and after some research the owner Henry V Lebrun died on Dec 9th 2012 at the age of 91
Iyman - check the obit with names. You will find one or more of the relatives will have some memorabilia from the old dealership - even pens, coffee cups, etc. Good luck in your hunting!

Ray

+1

and after some research the owner Herve' V. LeBrun died on Dec 9th 2012 at the age of 91
Iyman - check the obit with names. You will find one or more of the relatives will have some memorabilia from the old dealership - even pens, coffee cups, etc. Good luck in your hunting!

Ray

Ray, that's funny, that's exactly what I was just doing... LOL

Excellent score!

I contacted the (old - no longer in biz) dealership owners in Cordell Oklahoma - where the Boss was sold new. They actually found some old polariods from when the car was new - sitting in front of the dealership! They were all damaged from poor storage but myself and a friend worked some Photoshop magic to clean one of them up!

Ray

Check it out:

2z7lsox.jpg
That is so awesome!!! My family farm is in Bessie, Oklahoma, just a few miles north of Cordell. I've been by that dealership many a time! Didn't they just change ownership last year? It's called Brown Ford now. I'm thinking about building a new home and workshop down there when I retire!

-Travis

down on the farm.jpg

Travis - small world!

Don Cannon is now, sadly a Chevy dealership, owned by Don Cannon's daughter or grandaughter. Brown Ford now has the Ford dealership there. My Marti report incorrectly shows Brown Ford. But the original window sticker from Lois Eminger lists Don Cannon Ford. That is how I knew to contact them instead of Brown...

Nice relaxed part of the state out there. Small-town country living. A lot of oil field work around there but still nice a nice area.

Ray

Travis - small world!

Don Cannon is now, sadly a Chevy dealership, owned by Don Cannon's daughter or grandaughter. Brown Ford now has the Ford dealership there. My Marti report incorrectly shows Brown Ford. But the original window sticker from Lois Eminger lists Don Cannon Ford. That is how I knew to contact them instead of Brown...

Nice relaxed part of the state out there. Small-town country living. A lot of oil field work around there but still nice a nice area.

Ray
I love it down there. My dad was born and raised there. Our farm is one of a few "centennial farms" in that area. My great grand parents homesteaded it in the early 1900's. I still have the original papers signed by Teddy Rosevelt. I inherited it a few years ago when my dad passed away. I'm sure it will be culture shock moving from Las Vegas to Washita County, but I'm looking forward to it.

Very cool! That's a cool addition to your car's history. I travel quite a bit for work and we have 2 Ford trucks. When I take one in for service I ask for frames and plates. I have not been turned down yet. The frame I have on the car now is from Thoroughbred Ford in KC,MO.

Back