New, from MN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dc1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Just found this site. Read for about 2hrs today. Lots of good info. I just bought a 1973 mach one. It is a H code car with the 351c 2bbl. It needs a lot of work and has not run in 8 yrs. It is an incredibly solid car for northern MN. It is my dream car and second attempt at a project. The first project was another solid mach one. It was a M code 71 with extensive body damage from theft. I underestimated the cost of body work and had to sell. This one better suites my mechanical skill set. Decent body in need of mostly mechanical fixing. I paid $1800 for the car. I almost lost it due to a sight unseen offer after I had money down on it. I feel pretty lucky to have still gotten it. I will be reading a lot on this site. I will post some pictures as well. I have no money to start anything heavy and don't expect it to be finished anytime in the next 5 yrs. I should be able to get it on the road by next summer though. Pending what happens when I get the engine running. They said it ran when they parked it. With 98,000mi my hope is high. I will be using the hood I saved off of the 71 I had, it has the twist locks. I look forward to driving this someday.

24g1svk.jpg

2mob9f9.jpg

16gx06c.jpg

2hwpq1h.jpg

13yp1co.jpg

2iuvrjc.jpg

bhd0mu.jpg

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Looks like a great buy for $1800. I'm sure you will find plenty of inspiration and tips from the site.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

The car looks like it will clean up very nice. Other than the rear window louvers - the car looks very original (a plus to me).

Good luck as you progress on your journey with this car.

Ray

I am not a fan of the louvers. They will for sure not be on there for long!

Welcome from central Wa. Great find for a really good price. Let me know if you like to get rid of the louvers.

Welcome from West Virginia! Congrats on finding a car to bring back to life!

Welcome from west Michigan!

It looks like you found a nice project. By all means get it running and safe. It's more fun to do winter projects and drive it in the summer. It keeps your interest in the car high.

Looks like a nice find. Congrats & welcome from coastal Alabama. It looks like the previous owner changed a few things to upgrade the car a bit. The seats were changed to the optional Mach 1 sports interior. Looks like the 3 gauge pod was also added. Only a few things left to change out later to complete the option package if you want to.

Again nice car.

Looks like a nice find. Congrats & welcome from coastal Alabama. It looks like the previous owner changed a few things to upgrade the car a bit. The seats were changed to the optional Mach 1 sports interior. Looks like the 3 gauge pod was also added. Only a few things left to change out later to complete the option package if you want to.

Again nice car.
I am not even sure the gauges are functional, since there is another set of gauges under the glove box. The seats were a dead giveaway since the previous owner put them in on the wrong sides! I still haven't gotten to look at it closer due to being sick. I hope to check it out a little more next weekend. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back