Glovebox signature

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I have dad (orginal owner)sign the glove box?

• Yes

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
In the next couple of months I will begin putting the inside of the car together. I was thinking of having my dad sign the glove box (original owner). Any opinions?

Why not? You're not planning on getting rid of the car any time soon, so I think it would be a nice tribute. ::thumb::

(not to mention I just think it's cool, mostly since I didn't have a Dad growing up)

To me, the best tribute would be a journal of your father's recollections about him owning and enjoying the car. - And some pics (then and now) thrown in for good measure. You could also include receipts and original dealer paperwork. If you don't have any check with the state's DMV - they usually archive that stuff and can get it for a small fee.

The glovebox is cool but would hold most value for you, your dad and family. The next owner would probably change it out - they'd keep the signed one but change it for a non-signed one. If you plan on keeping - do what you want.

It is really neat that you have a car your dad bought new!!!!!!

Ray

I'd AB-SO-FAH-KING-LUTE-LEE have him sign it.

I think it's a great idea. If you ever do sell the car, you can replace the glove box door easily enough and still have a cool keepsake!

Your car is an antique. Having the original owner sign the glove box door is a great idea. If I was buying a restored 40 or 50 year old car, and it had the original owners signature in the glovebox, I would cover it with clearcoat to preserve it, because its part of the history of the car. Absolutely, have him sign it!!!

Just my 2 cents, and probably not worth that much - but there it is. :)

Back