• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 71-73 Dynacorn Ram Air Cleaner & Hood Plenum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FASN8N

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 1
Hello all,

We just finished a ground up restoration of my dad's 72 Q code Mach 1. He purchased the car brand new in 72 and is the reason why I love Mustangs.

Here is a picture of the finished project

photo2-4_zps508333fe.jpg

We intended to put the Ram air plenum and air cleaner on the car, but the aftermarket intake would not work with the ram air. Instead of dealing with finding another intake, we just decided that it would be easier to sell the ram air setup.

The Ram air box is Dynacorn #3641QX painted the correct Ford Blue. The lowest price I could find is @$230 for the air cleaner and $68 for the seal.

The Ram air hood plenum is Dynacorn #3641QY painted the correct Ford Blue. The lowest price I could find is @$241.

The total for the setup was @$540. Make me a reasonable offer. Obviously I would rather sell locally near Atlanta, GA instead of dealing with shipping, but I will ship if needed.

IMG_4160_zps6dbbc749.jpg

IMG_4159_zpsd9490099.jpg

IMG_4155_zps005fc03f.jpg

IMG_4156_zpsbdd355dc.jpg

IMG_4157_zps7463d3e4.jpg

IMG_4158_zps8c5007fc.jpg

IMG_4163_zpsd2e10d49.jpg

IMG_4162_zps07a0178f.jpg

IMG_4161_zpsc3148cb5.jpg

I don't have a proven track record here yet, but you can look up my history on MBworld.com and the Saleen Club of America (under the same username) or the Corvette Forum under BMG (yes, I was guilty of going to the dark side once :dodgy:) and my Ebay ID is S351R.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the compliments! No experience with Mustangs Central, sorry.

The body and paintwork were performed by someone in NGA (I don't remember who, but they did a fantastic job).

The car is actually a deep dark midnight blue (Almost looks black, but really pops in the light).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an original plenum and was going to use thier kit for the flaps and intake. Are you saying the won't interchange?
I am sure they will probably interchange and work just fine in your situation.

My issue had to do with the height of the ram air base to hood clearance caused by the aftermarket intake.

I have an original plenum and was going to use thier kit for the flaps and intake. Are you saying the won't interchange?

My issue had to do with the height of the ram air base to hood clearance caused by the aftermarket intake.
Edelbrock performer manifolds fit the ram air

+1 ::thumb::

Beautiful car! Where do you live in Atlanta, I am in the Kennesaw/Woodstock area. I have met one other nearby with a 71-73, we should get together at a cruise-in or something someday.

Beautiful car! Where do you live in Atlanta, I am in the Kennesaw/Woodstock area. I have met one other nearby with a 71-73, we should get together at a cruise-in or something someday.
Thanks for the compliments.

I am in the Duluth area. Maybe we should meet up at the Caffeine and Octane event in Alpharetta one Sunday?

Too bad it is for a 351C instead of a 429, or I'd be ll over it. I am missing air cleaners for a 429 Ram Air and a 429 non-ram air.

Thanks for the compliments.

I am in the Duluth area. Maybe we should meet up at the Caffeine and Octane event in Alpharetta one Sunday?

+1 on the edelbrock intake. I've been using mine with ram air and using a half inch phenolic space as well.

Won't work. That's the intake I have on my stroked B351. Too tall.

OP, would you be open to any trades. I've been looking for one so I can modify it to fit.

Thanks.

Hello all,

We just finished a ground up restoration of my dad's 72 Q code Mach 1. He purchased the car brand new in 72 and is the reason why I love Mustangs.

Here is a picture of the finished project

photo2-4_zps508333fe.jpg

We intended to put the Ram air plenum and air cleaner on the car, but the aftermarket intake would not work with the ram air. Instead of dealing with finding another intake, we just decided that it would be easier to sell the ram air setup.

The Ram air box is Dynacorn #3641QX painted the correct Ford Blue. The lowest price I could find is @$230 for the air cleaner and $68 for the seal.

The Ram air hood plenum is Dynacorn #3641QY painted the correct Ford Blue. The lowest price I could find is @$241.

The total for the setup was @$540. Make me a reasonable offer. Obviously I would rather sell locally near Atlanta, GA instead of dealing with shipping, but I will ship if needed.

IMG_4160_zps6dbbc749.jpg

IMG_4159_zpsd9490099.jpg

IMG_4155_zps005fc03f.jpg

IMG_4156_zpsbdd355dc.jpg

IMG_4157_zps7463d3e4.jpg

IMG_4158_zps8c5007fc.jpg

IMG_4163_zpsd2e10d49.jpg

IMG_4162_zps07a0178f.jpg

IMG_4161_zpsc3148cb5.jpg

I don't have a proven track record here yet, but you can look up my history on MBworld.com and the Saleen Club of America (under the same username) or the Corvette Forum under BMG (yes, I was guilty of going to the dark side once :dodgy:) and my Ebay ID is S351R.

Thanks for looking!
I'm restoring a 72 Sport roof that's been in hibernation for 30 years in a storage locker. Someone put a 429 in it. Very well done. I was wondering if that ram air set could work somehow, even with some modification? Any info on that?

Back