Horn circuit fuse

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spechti

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 (under restoration), 1973 Lincoln Mark IV (show boat)
Hi guys,

now that I had all electrics back in the car up, tested and running after restoration and re-installation of the harness, since yeaterday the horns are not working any more. Before they worked as they should. I did not check the circuits yet, but the first thing I am about to check is the fuse for the horns.

But in the Ford 1971 service manual, there is no "horn fuse" named in the fuse panel. Does anyone know which fuse is for the horns? Does the car even have a fuse for them?

Car is a 71 Mach 1 with deluxe interior and rim blow wheel. Dual-tone stock horns.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
the horn is on the same circuit as the cigarette lighter.

pull the fuse and pop it back in see if it starts working again.

As 72HCODE said, according to my owner's brochure, the horn shares

a fuse with the cigar lighter. I have the 1971 Mustang wiring manual

and although the lighter is mentioned in several diagrams there is no

mention of a horn.

mike

just for fun,,, if the radio cuts out, your turn signals will stop working... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@everyone

thanks for your help. I just checked the fuse box. The cigar lighter isn't working either. Seems the fuse is blown.

The slot on the fuse box is labeled "emergengy flasher". There is no sign that this is for lighter and horn. Obviously Ford has changed the circuits at some point.

@everyone

thanks for your help. I just checked the fuse box. The cigar lighter isn't working either. Seems the fuse is blown.

The slot on the fuse box is labeled "emergengy flasher". There is no sign that this is for lighter and horn. Obviously Ford has changed the circuits at some point.
Ha! I never noticed that before you mentioned it.

Ford used the same fuse box for many models since 1969, yet the circuits did change a bit for Mustangs over the years. I guess they were too cheap to change the molds for the fuse boxes.

Here is the proof.;)

Look below the empty fuse slot.

DSC02016.JPG

Problem is fixed.

It was the fuse. Thanks for your help.

Happy Fest everyone!

Back