73 Mach 1 makeover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revsitup

Reaction score
My Car
!971 Mustang sportsroof
wl96xy.jpg
2n8ndog.jpg

2e4c615.jpg

Thought I would post some pictures of a 73 Mach1 that I am restoring for a friend.

Pretty much redone back to original with the exception of a exterior color change from white to a 73 gold.

Still need to finish interior ,

install windshield -backglass and front bumper/grill assembly

Will try to post more pics when finished

wl96xy.jpg
2n8ndog.jpg

2e4c615.jpg

Thought I would post some pictures of a 73 Mach1 that I am restoring for a friend.

Pretty much redone back to original with the exception of a exterior color change from white to a 73 gold.

Still need to finish interior ,

install windshield -backglass and front bumper/grill assembly

Will try to post more pics when finished
2e4c615.jpg

IMG_1151.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm really digging gold glow for my cars eventually repaint. its a cross between yellow and silver :D

Thanks everyone for the positive comments on the 73! I haven't made a lot of progress the last 2 weeks but hopefully after the holidays I can get back on it. I will post some pictures up soon of the interior as we progress with that. I didn't feel comfortable doing the headliner myself especially since it wasn't my car so we had a trim shop do that for us . They did a great job. The same shop already has the seat upholstery redone and ready to install. Now we are working on spraying and redying all the misc interior trim pieces along with refurbishing the fold down rear seat .

We are also converting from standard interior to deluxe .

This site and members here have been very helpful with a lot of questions I have had while doing this project. I have used the search button many times here !!

Lookin' awesome!!

Heck, I'll be happy when mine looks THIS good: rofl

attachment.php

Gonna have it ready for the all ford nationals?? Im about an hr north of Pittsburgh. Gonna try to make it to Carlisle for the 50th.
Yes he is planning on having the car at the ford nationals this year. This was his first car I think he told me he bought it in 1979.

Its been off the road since 1990 and he has slowly bought pieces and parts over the years to restore but also got married and raised three boys so the car has always been on the backburner.

Its pretty neat to see his reaction to the progress on the car lately as its been in pieces for a long time.

If you make it to the Ford nationals you will have to look for his car there and check it out.

Latest posts

Back