New member from Oregon

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I found this site just Googling around when I noticed a car that I had just purchased being maligned. I have responded in that thread.

This is actually my first so called "Classic" Mustang, a 71 Mach 1 M Code, well worn because it sat outside but a 1 owner 71k car that is well optioned. No pix now as it is the shop getting new floorboards, trunk floor, and rockers.

First classic Mustang aside, this isn"t my first car or first classic and it will join my 1 of 2 Ranchero, Cougar wagon resto-mod, and SN95 convertible in the garage, at least for a while.

For those of you in the Pacific Northwest I would appreciate it if you would check out www.mustangparade.com for information about an event we are organizing in April to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our fine cars,

Welcome from snowy Ohio! I think I saw your car on Ebay. It does have a lot of nice options. I also have a power window optioned Mach 1 and I love being able to put all 4 windows down in the summer. Post up some photos of the work in progress if you would. The car will look great when you get it done!

Welcome from Olympia! I'll have to check out your 50th gathering, it's only about 150 miles South of me, I believe our local club Mustang's West brought it up a couple of meetings ago and several members are planning on being there.

I don't think the guys meant to malign your car, after all it's a 71 and that's what we're all about, I think they were just pointing out stuff that kept it from being "perfect" since it was up for sale. Some of them would freak if they knew how much I paid for my 71 M code for the condition it was in when I bought it LOL. I think the price of yours was fair for the features you have in it, welcome to the club.

Jim

::welcome:: from Maine. Congrats on the new mustang !:) You have to enlighten us with pics of the ranchero and cougar wagon ! :D

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Forget the mustang for a moment...I want to see pics of the Cougar wagon and Ranchero. ;)

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here! You are in the right place for all things related to our Mustangs. And our motto is we support all 71 - 73 Mustang enthusiasts, however you want to do it.

as i read others comments i may have too quick to react to those you said maligned.....i only see constructive criticism here.

Knowing the history of my 72, as i acquired it half believing what the previous owner told me/other w/grain of salt as though did not expect anymore than it did run and w/136,000 miles on the odometer would expect much and for the price of 2.3k, and a dual exhaust/351C/hurst 4-speed/@ 3 condition of interior and 5 w/inner body as it was ie tarred over sensed no $ waisted in acquisition cost. You have to see my profile but mostly my 200 some pics on my photo album to see how critical i was on the resto-mod where had no intention to keeping it original re wanted optimal speed/mpg/handling/performance/braking/but also very safe. Cpy cat/mike

ToPost Ranchero.jpgToPost Cougar.jpgFor those who asked

Ranchero, 1 of 2 Marti Numbers match, original interior

Cougar 5.0 EFI AOD. 4 wheel disc. 8.8 3.27, Tokico suspension, 18's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back