Nice weekend

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
Had a nice weekend. I have two 'fun' cars. My mustang and a 82 Jeep Cherokee. The Cherokee is built for fun trail runs. I just spend several weekends swapping out the TC case for a new Atlas 4spd and then taking it on a couple of trail runs.

But it was time to get the Mustang. Since I have 2 fun cars and my wife and I each have a DD one of the 'fun' cars gets parked at my moms house. (Yep, I am almost 50 but I don't live in her non-existent basement).

Anyways, swapped out the Jeep for the Mustang on Saturday and have been smiling ever since. So much fun to drive. The motor is really strong and with the top down, the headers and glass packs she just sounds sweet.

I got her just past 5500 RPM with the tires spining and then flipped her into second where the tires just kept spinning. So much fun.

Lots to do. Fuel guage stopped working, need new dash, front suspension and rear leafs are on the list. I think my limited slip is more limited than before. I also have a gear vendors waiting to be installed. Oh, and I think I have a broken motor or tranny mount. Something doesn't feel right.

Time to get busy. I almost hate to start since I am having so much fun driving her.

Yeah, now is 'my time of year'. What I need to plan better is the summers. There are typically a few hours in the mornings where the heat isn't too bad. It's not great convertible mustang weather and really not a great time to go wheel'n. I am going to make plans for this summer to get work done on both.

The weather sucks here in Michigan.:( We got 6 or 7 inches of snow this weekend and I had to work. My Vert is sitting in the garage with the cover on it and I have not driven it in a month.

John J

Today It was a perfect 74 degrees here San Diego. The weather man says it will be nicer tomorrow. rofl
Are you trying to p*ss me off here?!? We have 31F and the roads are covered in grime and salt. And you can't even get your mail from the mailbox without dressing like the member of an Antarctica expedition. :/

I'm thinking of trading in Shelby the cat for a penguin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, is this you?

ChristmasStorySnowsuit1.jpg

Today It was a perfect 74 degrees here San Diego. The weather man says it will be nicer tomorrow. rofl
Are you trying to p*ss me off here?!? We have 31F and the roads are covered in grime and salt. And you can't even get your mail from the mailbox without dressing like the member of an Antarctica expedition. :/

I'm thinking of trading in Shelby the cat for a penguin.
Mike,Trust me California makes me pay for this perfect weather.:dodgy: I say keep Shelby and get the penguin. I'm sure Shelby wood love have a new friend.:cool:

I dunno about if Shelby would like it but think penguins are kinda cool (wow, very weak pun...) Gotta talk this over with my wife. :)

With all respect to everyone wherever you are, here in WNY, we have pretty much put the toy cars in hibernation and are dealing with the day-to-day elements... right now skiing is excellent (over 4' of snow in the last 4 days about 20 miles south of me which is the location of one of the local ski areas), temps are ranging from 16 - 23F the last week or so. This morning I cleared (again) about 8" - 12" of snow in the driveway. Local coverage is approx 16" - 24" depending on the drifting....and we are just getting started in the season...

I have to admit its a temptation to hook up the battery and pull the 73 vert out into the driveway to take a pic with the top down against the snowbanks, but on the other hand, it's: 1) a real PITA; 2) not so good for the engine/ exhaust if I only run it for a little while; 3) could be tough on the vinyl top in these temps; and; 4) a real PITA since the 73 is tucked away deep in the garage under a heavy duty cover.

So I have some minor envy for all you southern stangers, I also really do enjoy our local seasonal winter since it really makes us appreciate the sunny warm weather that will return about 4-5 months from now.....I also do a lot so skiing, so there is some benefit to WNY snowfall.

I spent 2 days last week in Phoenix without any down time but the weather was nice (well, 55-60 is WAY nicer than here in MI). I could get used to winters there. I really liked the tumbleweed CHRISTmas "tree" in downtown Chandler. :D

It's good to know someone can use their convertible these days.

It hasn't gotten above freezing here for the last two weeks. Every snowflake that fell when the cold front that came through two weeks ago is still on the ground.

The 'vert is tucked in the garage, waiting for warmer weather so I can fire it up for a bit.

Latest posts

Back