Looking for exhaust system

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stangit72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1971 convertible
Do you guys recomend a stainless steel system and if so where can you get one from hoping to drop my motor in next month and want to be ready

If i were you I would ask around for a trustworthy custom exhaust shop in your area. Ask around some of your local car clubs. I recently had mine done from end to end and it turned out great. The trick is finding somone that knows what they are doing. Stay away from "chain" muffler shops. I have never seen a "pre-fab kit fit corectly the first tme coming right out of the box.

If i were you I would ask around for a trustworthy custom exhaust shop in your area. Ask around some of your local car clubs. I recently had mine done from end to end and it turned out great. The trick is finding somone that knows what they are doing. Stay away from "chain" muffler shops. I have never seen a "pre-fab kit fit corectly the first tme coming right out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree "even though I did go to a big name shop. The owner owns a classic and was recommended by some of the local guy's here. Flowmaster make's a nice tail pipe. Choose your mufflers and bring that to a shop .

Are you looking to buy headers? If so I recommend you get ceramic coated.

As far as Stainless it depends what you are looking for and and if you will drive the car in the rain and cold. If not regular pipes will stay nice for a very long time.

Hope this helps

Eric

Back