NACA / NASA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was gonna be something like a parody of:

"My BONNIE lies over the motor, my BONNIE/Bonnet lies over the seats (valve seats LOL) ETC...

The original for you youngins!>>>>>

Ray

You don't have to use a sealer with the block off plates. I've never had much more than a drop of water get through. It's just not an issue.
+1

The block-off plates won't let water through during general usage, but if it's raining and you open the hood a crack...

-Kurt

The block-off plates won't let water through during general usage, but if it's raining and you open the hood a crack...

-Kurt
BTW DO NOT TRUST THE HOOD LATCH SAFETY! (secondary catch)

I have seen too many where people have driven a little too far before stopping and shutting the hood correctly! It is not pretty when the hood is bent back blocking the windshield!!!

It hasn't happened to me and I try and make sure it doesn't!

Ray

-Kurt
BTW DO NOT TRUST THE HOOD LATCH SAFETY! (secondary catch)

I have seen too many where people have driven a little too far before stopping and shutting the hood correctly! It is not pretty when the hood is bent back blocking the windshield!!!

It hasn't happened to me and I try and make sure it doesn't!

Ray
Yep, because this is what can happen!

Severe Hood Damage (Small).jpg

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-catastrophic-hood-latch-failure?highlight=catastrophic

Yep' date=' because this is what can happen![/quote']
Go on, brag about your NACA hood ;) Speaking of which, we haven't seen it yet, have we?

In all seriousness, that's a frightening picture there. I remember when you first posted the thread - it hasn't lost its effect since.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it. Come to think of it, I haven't posted any pics. I haven't painted it yet or anything, but one of the kids at school said it looked "badass". :cool:

I'll try to snap a couple during Christmas break and post them up.

Back